Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User

Unhappy Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Lucky enough not to have had morning sickness or any other ailments for my first trimester...but just as I hit my 5 mth mark I discovered I have CTS.

It's quite painful during the evenings when I'm sleeping, but mostly in the morning. I can hardly get control of my hands/fingers to do the simplest tasks. This is sooo irratating!

Wearing a brace on both my hands at night has helped some though.

Anybody else suffering from this besides me?

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...ealth/234.html

usfret is offline Registered User

Cts

Hi Bumblebzz,

I developed CTS in my last month. It would usually affect me late night and early mornings. It will usually subside once you have given birth but I know just how painful it can be.

Try keeping your hand elevated when you sleep or if you sleep on your side make sure your body weight is not on your hand. If you have a job that involves using the computer or typewriter then try getting a good padded rest for your wris. Ideally your wrist should at the same level as your hands. Also doing some basic stretching excercises - rotating wrist clock wise and counter clock wise, flexing wrist and and fingers will help improve circulation.

My CTS lasted for a couple of weeks but then subsided on its own. Unless you absloutely must, avoid using the computer/keyboard for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

mulk is offline Registered User

I had the same problem with my last pregnancy. The CTS went away on one side after the birth. I still had some problems with my dominant hand, especially with the tendon going to my thumb. I had some physio after the birth and it did go away about a month later.

I also slept with braces on both arms at night.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

I found this exercise quite helpful.

Kneel on the floor. Place the palms of your hands on the floor, fingers pointing towards your knees, the front of the wrists pointing away. Keep your elbows straight. Slowly move your knees back, until you can feel a gentle stretch at the front of your wrists. Repeat for three to five minutes four times a day, including last thing at night.

Best wishes,
    Barb