Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby doesn't want to bottlefeed

Jason is offline Registered User

Baby doesn't want to bottlefeed

My baby is 3 months old and I combine breastfeeding and bottlefeeding (with S26 Gold) but recently it's been difficult bottlefeeding my baby. He would cry a lot once we give the bottle. I tried to change his milk to Nan HA1 but to no avail. I actually tasted Nan HA1 and it's terrible! Does anyone have the same experience as mine and how did you solve this problem? Any other formula milk suggestions or feeding bottle? I'm currently using Avent bottle. Thanks.

rads is offline Banned
    hello jason...

when my son was a baby he never took the avent bottles...he hated them...so I used nuk instead...

also he did not like S26...so i chabged that too now i use enfamil...

jason this is just what my son went thru....all babies are different.....

Joyce is offline Registered User
    Is it because he preferes breastfeeding that's why he's fighting the bottle? Did he have a problem with bottles before?

My daughter fought the bottle, but she eventually took it because she had no choice as I had to work. But once she took it, she was fine. It just took a little bit of persevearance. My son was the same......but once he started solids, he refused the bottle and held out for the breast until I came home. With both children, I tried various bottles and milk formula but the the real issue for them was they didn't like to suck from a teat.

My nephew went through a stage of fighting the bottle too. My sister then offered the bottle and no breast for 2 days solid (she pumped instead) and then my nephew didn't have a problem with the bottle and breast after that. It sounds extreme but I think she got that from the Baby Whisperer and I guess it worked.

Jason is offline Registered User
    He used to bottlefeed so we don't know why he wouldn't this time. I'm worried that he doesn't get enough feeding. I may try what your nephew did to her baby. Thanks.