Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

baby slings?

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User

I bought a hotsling. Heard these are great for newborns. Then I plan to switch to a mayawrap when he's older.
    There's also slings in Solarveil mesh. It's supposed to protect baby from
    ultraviolet rays, and water proof. I may get one of those too.

http://store.attachedtobaby.com/deta...ngs-Pool-Pouch

Kimmi is offline Registered User

Mei Tai baby sling

I also like the look of those 'mei tai' asian baby slings. Does anyone know where I can purchase these in Hong Kong?

hkgirl is offline Registered User

I have a watermesh sling too and it's great for the pool. Mayawraps are great because they have a pocket too. I've heard that you can buy the Asian carriers at Fa Yuen street, but they don't look as comfortable as the ring slings as they have very thin straps (at least the ones I've seen). Anyway out there used one? I'd like to hear how they work.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

I used a tradition Chinese “mei tai” sling with my children. It doesn’t matter that the straps are thin because the weight of the baby is on your back and not so much your shoulders. My mother-in-law gave me my sling and told me that as the baby grows your back and shoulder muscles get stronger and so in the end even carrying a three year old is quite easy.

Because there is no tying of the straps – you just twist them over and tuck them in it is very easy to let the baby out. I even got quite good at getting a sleeping baby down on the bed without waking him up.

The only problem is that it doesn’t look too good on a large bust – it separates but doesn’t lift! But it is very useful if you want to do anything like cook a meal or housework, etc.

It was a life saver when I had my third baby. He didn’t like to be left alone much in the afternoons or evenings but would be happy if I wore him on my back. And with a six year old and a very active three year old I don’t know how I would have coped with out it.

But for going out and about in town I liked the mayawrap sling better. It looks more stylist and you still have your hands free. But it is not so good if you want to cook or use the space in front of you – then it is better to have the baby at the back.

Barb

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

I agree that the slings in Singapore are cheaper than in Hong Kong. But you must compare like with like.

We sell the Over the Shoulder Baby Carrier Sling for HK$250 to members and HK$280 to non-members which is only about HK$50 more than in Singapore.

The Mayawrap Slings cost a lot more. In Singapore they are available from the LLL group, http://lllsg.tripod.com/ and cost about S$80, which is still cheaper than the HK$400 they cost here but only by a little. In the USA the retail price is US$47.95 (HK$375 but remember we have to add shipping on too.)

SARAH

Erin is offline Registered User

I have a Baby Hawk Mei Tai. I ordered it on line. The international shipping fee was only $10 US. www.babyhawk.com

bbvv is offline Registered User

They have the Singaporean Momsinmind Slings Carriers on sale on www.hk-bfmoms.com - slings from HKD210. No shipping fees required, only the local postage or you can meet them at the MTR stations to pick up.

parkviewmom is offline Registered User

btw,
    the baby bjorn has now come out with their 'summer' version which is cooler and lets the air flow around better - it's also white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12