Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need to find a Doctor quite soon

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    Hey Saralee, your post intrigued me so I asked my husband how he liked Lucy Lord manners during my delivery & he said me that it was fine. That she was very nice with him and involved hil in all the process for himl to know & understant what was happening. he must have been in a bad day for you #2...
    I'm sorry but I keep my position: I find her great & I wouldn't change for anything...
    :yeah2 :yeah2

jwng is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Just my 2 cents' worth... When I was pregnant I was choosing between Dr. Lucy Lord & Dr. Christine Choi. I asked a couple of friends what they think of Lucy Lord (their Dr.) and they both said she's very good but that she's a bit curt and doesn't entertain lots of questions (which I have lots of, especially stupid ones). And as Saralee said, both their husbands were not given much attention by her.

So I went to Dr. Christine Choi instead and I don't regret it. She doesn't remember my husband's name(she remembers my baby's), but she answers our questions thoroughly and allows us to make decisions/gives us options without being intimidating. She's also very nice, waiting for my husband (he's always late for appointments) for the 4D ultrasound. Each visit, I literally have a paper list of things I want to ask and she finds it a bit amusing but answers them seriously.

My case was considered higher risk and she was leaning on CS, but I put my foot down and said i want normal delivery, and in the end it worked out. So if you think you can do normal delivery just be firm with her.

AC/BC is offline Registered User
    I'd add to the recommendations for Dr Sally Ferguson. Very good!

jaetee is offline Registered User
    What do people think of Amelia Wong?
    Last edited by jaetee; 05-01-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Asonia is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

Thank you for so many recommendations.
    I DID go see Lucy Lord - and absolutely feel that I made the right choice.
    I agree with those of you who said that she can seem to be curt and dismissive - but after my last experience with a doctor ( a very highly recommended doctor in HK!!!) who was over-the-top-gentle and kind, and who abruptly dumped me when things got beyond his abilities!!!!...... I NEED somebody like Dr. Lord - she certainly does NOT seem like one who will shirk her duties and responsibilities.
    Am really happy that I found a doctor whom I can trust not to let me down.

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    Asonia, I completly hear you.
    I was followed during 8 months in France and got very very scared about the well being of my baby. When I arrived in HK and was "taken in charge" by Dr Lord, it just felt... right.
    The delivery was perfect althought very long but she respected my choices (I wanted to avoid Csection if possible) and was very very good (my baby wasnt breething because asleep when he came out, she has been no less than great and I feel that I owe her a lot.
    Maybe we'll bump into each other at the clinic, thats where my pediatrician is & as we are trying to make a #2, who knows...! How long are you in your pregnancy?
    Alexandra
    :yeah2 :yeah2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12