Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need to find a Doctor quite soon

Asonia is offline Registered User

Need to find a Doctor quite soon

Hello

I would like to know of recommended doctors. I know that this site has a list of them - but I would really appreciate other ladies sharing their experiences - good and bad- with me.
    I had gone to Dr. Philip Ho last year and had the most dreadful experience with him - which now makes me almost hesitant to see any body here in HK -
    unfortunately , I live here , and HAVE to see somebody here - so please - all input will be sooo important.

thanks

terry is offline Registered User
    I went to Dr Dawkins in Jardine House Central, he's great. Very laidback, doesn't stress or stress you. I cannot recommend him enough. FYI about $800 per consultation.

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

Doctors

Quote Originally Posted by Asonia
    Hello

I would like to know of recommended doctors. I know that this site has a list of them - but I would really appreciate other ladies sharing their experiences - good and bad- with me.
    I had gone to Dr. Philip Ho last year and had the most dreadful experience with him - which now makes me almost hesitant to see any body here in HK -
    unfortunately , I live here , and HAVE to see somebody here - so please - all input will be sooo important.

thanks
    What king of doctor? GP or OBS? I go to Lucy Lord & Associates clinic and there's a buch of doctors with differents specialities that I can recommande you. Just telle me what you need if you still so & I'll be glad to share my little rodolex :-)
    Take care,
    Alexandra
    :yeah2 :yeah2

Asonia is offline Registered User

Need an ObGYN

thank you terry and alex.
    i need to see an obgyn.
    like i said - my last experience was devastating -and now i feel the only doctor i would be compelled to see would be one recommended by many.
    help me find somebody!

Mine is Doctor Lucy Lord. She is very good. Very professional. Not very warm (but personnaly I don't like warful doctors who treat you like a child or as if they were your mother). She followed me during my pregnancy and it was a very difficult pregnancy as I was followed during most if it in France and had lost of worries. She has been really good, reassurant and everything has always been perfect.
    I strongly recommend her but of course, feel free to ask more advices around...

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I recommend Sally Ferguson. She has a no-nonsense approach which I appreciate, I don't want someone who's going to sugar coat everything. I want to know what's happening. She's absolutely brilliant in the delivery room, just what I needed. She was very efficient and explained everything incredibly clearly so my husband felt fully informed and I felt that here was someone who was in complete control; something I needed when trying to keep a lid on the pain.

Jools

Same for Lucy Lord, explained everything before to do it so my husband was aware of what was going on. They should work together, them seem very on phase... ;-)

saralee is offline Registered User
    Lucy Lord delivered my second baby and was very professional, extremely qualified and I was definitely in safe hands BUT she has no bedside manner and treated my husband like he didn't exist during the delivery. Two friends have had great experiences with her and for difficult pregnancies/births she can be very reassuring. I don't need anyone to sugar coat anything for me and like a straight up doctor but for my second and normal pregnancy her "cool" bedside manner bordered on rude and dismissive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast