Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

clothes for the curvy woman?

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Hi eos,

I've lived in HK for almost 14 years and my size has mostly been about a UK 16 (except when I was pregnant, and it was bigger).

For shoes, if you wear 38 or less you should be fine. I've never had problems finding shoes that fit in HK. If you're show size if over 40, then you might have a bit of difficulty finding pretty ones.

Usually the larger sizes at Marks and Spencer in Hong Kong are about 18, but I think I may have seen 20. At other shops, I've rarely seen above a UK 16.

However, if you have plenty of patience and persistence, you can get very nice and very *reasonably* priced large size clothes in Fa Yuen Gai, at the various overstock outlets.

T-shirts and nighties, absolutely no problem. I've also bought nice dresses of good quality for HK$ 100 (less than 10 GBP). Finding "casual smart" clothes is a bit harder.

Also, are there many UK clothes catalog sellers? In the USA, Landsend & LL Bean are quite popular and they send things to HK.

Underwear and bras - I buy back in my homeland when I visit.

eos
    eos is offline Registered User

UK catalogues deliver to HK?

Hi loupou,

There is a Marks and spencers in HK? I can probably squeeze into a few items then!! (although it seems a pity to travel halfway around the globe only to end up shopping at good old M and S)
    Good question about catalogues... does anyone know if UK clothing catalogues deliver to HK - or baby catalogues for that matter??

eos

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    M&S in Hong Kong - there are plenty of them. Out where I live the nearest one is in Diamond Hill (rather small one) & Kowloon Bay and a bigger one at Festival Walk. I think there's at least one in Central as well.

There's also lots of Mothercare shops, if you like their baby stuff.

I went to Fa Yuen street a couple of weeks ago and bought some trousers and skirts. The skirt is a bit too big for me, but it was nice and didn't come smaller (it was about an 18 in UK size).

There's also a fair amount of outlet shops in Sham Shui Po.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12