Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

clothes for the curvy woman?

eos
    eos is offline Registered User

clothes for the curvy woman?

Hello everyone.

This site has beem fantastic and answered so many of my questions!

I am moving to HK (from Yorkshire) in August with hubby and 1yr old daughter. I was wondering how easy it is to buy clothes for the more generously proportioned woman in HK shops. (UK size 20) Is it difficult to get big bras and shoes? Should I stock up in the UK before boarding the plane? (or will I have to resort to the 'belly belt' as advertised on this very page?)

All help gratefully received... eos

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

Hello Eos,
    I passed by this shop last week who sells bra from A to F are you interrested in the adress?

:yeah2 :yeah2

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

You might find bigger sized bras and clothes in HK but you will have to REALLY hunt for them and you will be disappointed with the range. I would advise you to stock up on your fav bras as well as shoes,and bring all your clothes before coming to HK
    If you do a search in the geoexpat.com forums you are bound to find loads of threads asking the same question and most responses I've seen are "shop and stock up when you go home for holidays"

Bets is offline Registered User

You can always pop over to Shenzhen and have some clothes made. Quite inexpensive... and the tailors can usually work from a photo or copy clothing that you bring to them.

ma-ma is offline Registered User

As Bets say you can get your clothes made in SZ Cheaply but underwear i would stock up as they tend to be cheaper and more stylish in UK

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

For underwears, I found this shop in CausewayBay from A to F with nice models. It's called My Heart Lingerie (www.myheartlingerie.com) Ground Floor, 19 Yun Ping Road (very near Lee Gardens 2).

:yeah2 :yeah2

Charlotte is offline Registered User

Even before the birth of my daughter I struggled to find clothes that I like in my size now at size 14-16 its a complete nightmare. Yes you can go to SZ and have things made but this is quite time consuming and you need a visa to get there. Visa costs for British passport holders are higher that for most other passport holders. If you do go, get a recommendation for a tailor first as some of them aren't that good.

If your shoe size is over a UK size 6 or you have wide feet, forget about it. The range of shoes available is very limited. You are better off getting shoes in the UK and buying sandal type footwear here.

If you have a large bust HK underwear is not for you. My advice for you is to buy it all in the UK where you can get the size style and colours you like. Underwear styles in Hong Kong seem quite dated when compared to the UK be warned. Flesh coloured belly huggers with no lycra are standard for even the most painfully thin.

If you have children you will probly find that the UK has a lot of shops that sell good quality reasonably priced clothinng. Not so in HK even Stanley Market which expats rave on about is outrageous when compareed to the UK equivalent.

eos
    eos is offline Registered User

stocking up

Thank-you everyone for all the advice. Looks like I'll be spending the few weeks before we leave the UK shopping and shipping shoes!! (and all other clothing items) Well, I'm off to Marks and Sparks to stock up on underwear. See you in HK!! (I'll be the one loaded down with packing crates)
    EOS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast