When to start learning musical instruments?
- 04-21-2006, 12:35 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
My daughter is 6 months old and my husband and I started with her at conception I suppose We would love her to be 'musical' because neither of us are particularly gifted in that area but we do have an appreciation of music which goes a long way I think.
We listen to lots of different types of music and use percussion instruments at play time to create our own. I enrolled my daughter at kindermusik at 3 months not because I want her to be a musical genius (although that might be nice) but to give us some more ideas about how we can play and have fun with our child using music.
I am hoping that this will foster an interest in music which might make it easier to introduce music lessons later on. Which instrument? which age? not quite sure but if she develops an interest early on those descions might be made for me.
- By adachan in forum EducationReplies: 24Last Post: 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM
- By rita241 in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
- By ttc2ndbaby in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 7Last Post: 03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
- By mailmail in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM
- By jinna in forum EducationReplies: 14Last Post: 10-14-2007, 06:48 PM