Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

rocking away

engee is offline Registered User
    rads
    no, he is not potty trained.i read that abt 2 yrs wud be fine to begin that training(aaaaaahhhhhh) session.
    HE is getting to sleep too without much rocking nowadays.but his appetite is just worst from worse.he just doesnt eat a thing,for days.
    he is developing boils or pimples i dono what they are on his face.
    he doesn drink water.....
    i am totally stressed out.feel like jumping into a pool to let the heat off me.

any comments?
    Last edited by engee; 05-01-2006 at 04:27 PM.

rads is offline Banned
    engee i used to get my son to drink water from my glass...by asking him to take sips whenevr I drank...

I suggest you get him to a doc abt the boils & rash.....

i know how u feel abt the pool...been there...hang in there...It does get better..After the terrible TWO phase which has now began...

Thanx so much rads for ur reply.
    i think i shud take him to see other kids.we live in sheung wan and i dont think there are any play groups here.
    perhaps he is feeling lonely...idono....

he is very flatulent.what can i do abt that?
    can i give the grandma's recipe "ginger and garlic"?

rads is offline Banned
    i know the indian grandma recipe...in which we rub some warm ghee(clarified butter) mixed with asofatida(not sure of the sp) on the belly botton...u can also blow hot air from ur mounth into his belly botton....

I felt a lot of changes ( positive ones) in my son once he started a play group at 16 months & at 24 months he started going to nursey which did wonders for him too

odm_post is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rads

any idea on how to get him to leave the bottle...he drinks all liquids in a cup...only milk he'll scream if I don't give him his bottle....

sigh..... I had this problem with my first child. She drank milk from the bottle until she's 4!!!!! because I've been hearing stories how some children just stopped drinking milk when they took away the bottle. Well.... no matter how much I tried to make drinking milk from the cup sound nice, she just wouldn't drink from the cup. So now.... her milk intake is zilch!!!!! although she takes yoghurt or cereal with milk. But how about drinking milk from the cup????

Anybody has some ideas?

Thanks!

hey odmpost,

looks like we r all in the same boat!
    i have tried straws and sippy cups for my 21 month old son but nothn seems to help.
    am too looking out for any suggestions to wean him off the bottole.

jules_is_cute is offline Registered User

Angry

odm,

"No.2 and no.3 fall asleep by themselves early on..... I trained them to, having experienced all that with the first one."

How did you do this?? I've tried the baby whisperer mrthod and it's not working.

bmcilvaine is offline Registered User

Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by engee
    hey odmpost,

looks like we r all in the same boat!
    i have tried straws and sippy cups for my 21 month old son but nothn seems to help.
    am too looking out for any suggestions to wean him off the bottole.
    Yeah... sounds so familiar!

We have tried sippy cups with the pliable, soft tops, and anything else we thought might work, to no avail. 16 months is where we are. For the most part, she doesn't take bottle.

But she's gotta have that bottle before nap and before bed. Along with a little rocking, her cotton diapey, and her Fan Noise. She's a busy little girl, though! Always has 10 things she's GOT to do. So even after all of that, she still sometimes wants to play in the crib. And she almost always still wakes up and gets one in the 2-4am period.

We've decided that patience is our best approach. We've read all of the books, and tried different methods. She doesn't (usually) throw fits during the day for her bottle. And once we hit 15months, she started throwing some serious fits, which we've read is normal. Being loving, patient, and supportive is how we've decided we are going to work through this.... and trading off between my wife and I if the frustrations start to get us riled up is also crucial. Teamwork.

We're also trying to get her to sign with us, as she's not really interested in talking yet. We're hoping that if she can learn some basic communication it will help her to help us meet her needs better. We don't want her to rely on the bottle for comfort if there is something else that she is wanting. And since we've been having some ear problems its been hard. We don't want to make bottle a crutch for her, but we want to comfort her when there is pressure in her ears.

Well, hope something of this helps! And good to see that their are lots of babies that are similar to ours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12