Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Oct Buddies Weekly Lunches

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    Hello Ladies,

I'll book a table for next Friday (18th @ 12.30) at Hong Kong Football Club in Sports Road (Coffee Shop on the second floor, outside) in the name of Anita. Please let me know who would like to attend and if there are any problems with the time. Please bear in mind that non-members can't pay in cash and that I'll have to sign for lunch (and then we can settle the bill among ourselves).

If you need directions, etc., just drop me a line.

Celtic Kiwi

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Sunrays, i'll have the glucose test this weekend, doc says it's a routine, but not necessary if my urine test is OK, but since it's only $250, i'll go for it.
    My last check up was at 29w, and doc says everything is well, so he will see me in 4 weeks time again. Don't know if he just doesn't like to see me, wants me to save cost, or it's really not a big deal to see him every two weeks yet.

Bets, i just remember i owe you the coupon, totally forgotten about it. You're so organize, i haven't bought a cot yet, only a big moses with wheels so i can just push it if i'm in the living room. No pushchair yet, i've bought an ergo baby carrier for infant. I don't know if that's enough for the meantime.

Anyone opting for cloth diaper? Or i'm the only one thinking of this difficult task.

Gidget, i thought of your everytime i hold my bag Take care.

Have a nice weekend (and shopping!) everyone.

gidget is offline Registered User
    Thansk CK, I'm in for Friday, I'll bring my bikini {kidding!!}

Mama S, I'll have to see this bag of yours!!
    I got the Ergo carrier too. Have you worked out how to use it? I've been practicing with a teddy, looks like it might be a bit tricky to start off with, with the infant insert.

So just to recap, that's a tricky pram AND carrier I have now!!

Welcome Miaka, hope to meet you at Friday's lunch.

Bets you crack me up. YES I think you probably should have the baby, now you've gone to all that trouble!!!
    Will the Mandarin be reopened before we give birth? I've only got 6 weeks to go!!! Arrggghhh.
    I know it's been delayed. They are still open in Jardine House, but I hear that's a bit squeezy.
    At any rate, I never say no to a pedicure.

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User

Question?

Hi there!

Can anyone suggest a good alternative to the Allerhand bag? I want to have a nice, practical bag for baby's stuff but don't necessarily want something that has a 'name' on the front. It doesn't have to be a 'baby bag', just something that can hold everything. I already have a little separate changing mat and wipes holder.

Thanks,

CK

gidget is offline Registered User
    Oh Mama S, forgot to metnion I am having a go at cloth too. I have bought some different types of shaped AIO ones, that are like disposables to use. Not brave enough for the traditional type yet, maybe later!

CK, I'm not getting an actual 'nappy bag'. I'm on the look out for a cool tote from my usual fashion haunts in a wipe down fabrication, ideally with lot's of compartments. Saw one at Agnes B, for example, that I really liked. I quite like the bags at GOD as well.
    I've already got the change mat and some wet bags etc to put inside it. Apparently it's good to get something with a long strap to wear across your body or a back pack, as you'll want to be able to have your hands free when carrying it.

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Wow Bets you have been busy! Thanks for the tip on Eugene XOX and I went ( in T3...that's dedication to baby shopping for you!!) and were impressed at how much stuff they had. Got a few bits but will go back and just try and get everything as I'm getting fed up of shopping around now.

Was looking forward to the scan with Dr D but it didn't happen. He kept us waiting an hour and there was still a couple infront of us so we left! It would have been an hour and a half wait in the end and I found that a bit much, I don't wait that long at the hospital and I'm not paying a thing. Will see how check up goes on Tuesday and decide then if I'll go for a scan with a private Dr.

CK, the football club sounds good, but let me confirm next week.

Hi Miaka, hope to meet you soon.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Sunrays

xox
    xox is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.

CK - Please count me in for Friday's lunch too. My school holidays are nearly over, so won't be able to come to many more of them.

Miaka- welcome to the Oct. Mum's Group & looking forward to meeting you.

Ciao for now,
    xox

Matty is offline Registered User
    Hi Everyone, I'm back!

Count me in for lunch at the FC this Friday.

I can't believe how different everyone's experience with tests is!
    I had the glucose test with Dawkins (standard for all his patients) with a result of 4 which is supposedly great.
    Then 1 week later when I (finally) registered with Tsan Yuk they insisted I do the test again, (because they do it differently supposedly) even though I am low risk with no other problems!
    I asked about the urine tests and the doc said by the time it's present in your urine it's too late.

I politely told them to shove their glucose test.

See you Friday

Matty

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast