Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Oct Buddies Weekly Lunches

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    Mid Levels
    Hey ladies,

I'm so sorry but I wont be able to come for lunch today as I havent slept for all night: Sasha has been sick, I still cant figure what's happening to him but I can tell you that one shower isn't enought to get the vomit smell out of my hair, bouhouuuuu... After that I had some quite painful and longs contractions so the doctor asked me to keep it calm for few days (I'm only 23 weeks)

mamaS, Bets, the indian I wanted to show you is
    INDIA TODAY 26-30 Elgin Street (1rst floor)
    I've been going there since I arrived in HK the staff is lovely and you can eat for quite cheap some good Indian (not as good than at my neighbourghs from Delhi but since, I like it a lot !)

Matty, I'm so sorry that your BF isnt going on well but you seem very brave, I think I wouldnt be as brave as you are... Is Joel enjoying the formula? Maybe you could stick to it if you are tired, I remember the "ugly" symptomns when I was BF: bleading nipples, very sensitive, painful breast, I enjoyed BF Sasha but I'm not sure I'll do it again, havent made up my mind yet...
    In either case, good luck & I hope to join you very very soon for lunch or teat or a walk in the park with babs.

:yeah2 :yeah2

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi Alex, Thanks for the tip, i'll go there later. My fave is the Nepalese restaurant, not so spicy.

Hey Bets, yes, eat curry, do some dancing, and walk a lot ;-) It might help for baby to come out sooner.

So, nobody has been successful in exclusive BF yet? Maybe xox?

Keep in touch, ladies. I have braxton hicks or contraction now, but not so regular yet. And i can't sleep at night now bec. of hiccup or baby kicking. Anyone has this too?

watermelon is offline Registered User
    HK island
    Hi everyone,

Anyone left for lunch this friday?
    Love to see you all after so many months...
    Congratulations everyone who's come before me!

heidypie is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies,

Baby Zac was born on 6 Oct and weighed 3.56 kg. See pics:

glad to see you are all still doing lunches so soon after babies being born.

look forward to catching up in a few weeks, not brave enough to come out with him yet. Matty-sorry to heat BF is not going well. Keep trying, expressing takes ages and that really calls for patience. I am introducing breast milk in a bottle to allow my hubbie to feed at night. Will see how it goes.

good luck Celtic Kiwi :-)

see you all soon.

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User

Rhianna is here!

Hi Girls!

Rhianna Erin was born at 12.29am on Sunday 15th October, weighing in at 3.645kg and measuring 51cm (thank God for epidurals!!)

We're both doing great and bf seems to be going well....fingers crossed!

Photos to come soon.

CK xx

heidypie is offline Registered User
    hi mamaS,
    i am Bf exclusively and has been going well so far, it is really hard work though as gotta feed every 3 hours and don't have enough to pump out a full feed in one go.
    hopefully more milk will come in in week 2/3 and will be able to hand baby over to partner for 3 am feed :-)

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    Sounds like me expressing and not BFing is a bit of a blessing! I have loads of milk and it only takes 15 mins to empty a breast, (electric pump) which is usually more than a feed. Joel sucks 90mls out of the bottle in 5-10mins which kind of makes me thankful they aren't my nipples in his mouth.
    And my hubby has been doing the 3am feed, and my mum the 6am.

There is always a brightside! though haven't completely given up on breastfeeding, and the lactation consultant is still trying her hardest.

Can' t wait to catch up and swap stories.

gidget is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    Hi Mama S. Yep, I'm exclusively breast feeding too.

Matty you are SO right that expressing is much easier on the nipples! Max is like a bulldog at mine, I am only just now getting to the stage where my toes don't curl up every time I do a feed!
    You are a trooper sticking at giving the BF a go, hope that it works out for you.

I wanted to wait until my BF was established before feeding expressed with the bottle, so we are having our first try at it today. I'm hoping that I haven't left it TOO late and have him refusing the bottle / nipple confusion etc. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Mind you he's such a guts he probably won't care!!

I am attempting my first lunch out with a friend this Friday. Anyone else getting to the stage where they are ready to venture out? I'm looking forward to catching up with you all again, to share 'war stories'!!

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast