Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Oct Buddies Weekly Lunches

Bets is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies. How 'bout that engorgment stuff... that was interesting to say the least.

I too have had to turn to expressing, at least temporarily. One of my breastfeeding books uses the term 'barracuda' to describe some babies eating styles... I've got one of them on my hands. This 9 pounder can eat! 100ml every 3 hours or so. Because of my fair skin my nipples are much more sensitive than most ... and in turn they have taken a significant beating (bloody yuckiness). We called Annerly and they first advised to change positions and then to express to give the poor things a break. I am on my fourth day of pumping and bottle feeding and am finally starting to heal. I have to admit that bottle feeding is not such a bad thing... it is so efficient (even with a hand pump). I hope that we don't create nipple confusion, but we have to take one day and one hurdle at a time.

On a lighter note... does anyone feel brave enough to meet for a cup of coffee this week? Pacific Coffee on Hollywood/Lyndhurst Terrace has some nice wing-back chairs and a nice private corner in the back.

Cheers.

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    Bets,

I have to see a Chiro to get a bad hip sorted out this week...long story! But I know Matty and Heidypie are keen to meet up too. I will send a text out as soon as I know when my appointments are. Ok? Could do with a good chat with people who know what a new Mum goes through.

CK

heidypie is offline Registered User
    hi all,

yes bf is a a big challenge but have found it to vbecome easier as the weeks go by. I started experessing too early (after day 7) and thought i'd only get 20ml each time but have since discovered the milk just starts flowing like a fountain when you get into regular feeds, every 2-3 hours. I find that expressing while baby is on the other boob really helps the stuff to flow, it must be related to stimulation. You also save time :-) It take a bit of organising and manging but i have my handy pump right by my bedside and do it twice a day, morning and night.
    Love the fact that i can hand baby over to dad at 7am feed from bottle.

I am up for coffe/juice this friday at pacific place. Is anyone thinking of bringing bub as i might leave mine at home with mum?
    see you all soon,
    Heidypie
    x

gidget is offline Registered User
    Can't do this Friday, as H is back from Australia after being away all week, but otherwise am ready for coffee / lunch etc.

Max and I met a friend out last Friday and we managed the screaming baby, breast feeding and exploding poop in the restaurant, so I'm now game for anything!!

Bet's I hear you loud and clear on the engorgement. My breasts went square and started exploding out from under my armpits. I was still in hospital, so stayed in bed wrapped up in cabbage leaves like a kim chee and wept for those days!! I call Max the 'bull dog' with his latch!! It does get better though, and I am finally at the stage where I don't curl my toes each feed!

CK sorry to hear about hip, sounds a bit horrid.

See you all soon.

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

Would love to see you all to catch up and compare notes, however I'm pretty tied up with getting Rhea on track with her health. Thankfully BF has gone pretty well which I am so grateful for after everything else we have been through. As she was in the special care unit I was advised to rent a hospital pump and that was the best decision ever. Got everything up and running ready for when she returned.

This BF is exhausting, I feel like I've run a marathon everyday and the kilos are dropping off, not complaining there but struggle to keep up with my appetite as well as hers!

Hope you are all well, look forward to seeing you all soon.

Sunrays

heidypie is offline Registered User
    hello Bets/Matty,

are you both still up for coffee on Lyndhurst this Fri? If so what time is good? I think afternoon around 3 might be nice? Anyone else up for a trip out?

re: engorgement. I found that if i missed more than 2 feeds my boobs get really hard, so best not to go more than 4/5 hours without baby on boob.

Gidget-good on you at the restaurant with baby. We tried on Sunday and have to say it stressed us out a bit. next time will bring bottle. What restuarant were you in? baby friendly?

hope to see you all soon.

Heidypie

CelticKiwi is offline Registered User
    So, so want to join you girls for a juice but this hip is keeping me off my feet. seeing the chiro today again and on Friday as well. Wish me luck...

CK

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Look forward to catching up for coffee with you. Was in Central yesterday with Rhea at the Dr and test drove her pram. It's great, thanks for the tip on that Matty. I'm learning that I have to be prepared for everything when taking her out. Today we were stuck at the hospital for nearly 4 hours!! All tests came back good but I was knackered after giving her two feeds with not enough snacks to keep me going.
    So sorry to hear about your hips CK, lots of luck for sorting that out ASAP.

Sunrays

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast