Breast feeding help please!!
- 04-30-2006, 01:02 AM #17Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Hong Kong
Also, the WHO has just issued new guidelines on what constitues a "normal" weight and height for all children from newborns to 5 years old. They have based it on samples of children from all over the world (not just the U.S. as the previous chart) who have been EXCLUSIVELY breastfed for the first 6 months. So what normally would have constituted an 'underweight' child, (usually an exclusively breastfed one) is really probably at a normal weight.
The same thing happened to me, after 6 weeks, I was told that my baby was very underweight and strongly encouraged to give her formula. When I was only giving her 2 bottles a day, I was told "not to be so stingy" and to give her more bottles, much to my dismay. I don't think this is advice peds. would give in countries such as my native Canada.
- By Natalie'sMom in forum PreconceptionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-31-2008, 06:53 PM
- By premama in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:23 PM
- By e-mum in forum Twins and MultiplesReplies: 8Last Post: 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
- By Canucker in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 02-28-2007, 04:36 PM
- By robbiesmoma in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:47 PM