Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mosquito Bites

Angie is offline Registered User

Mosquito Bites

HI
    My daughter is 13 months old and has always had a really bad reaction to mosquito bites. I have tried using the baygon plug in mosquito repellent in her room and around the house but they seem pretty useless. I have also used anthistan cream but that too doesn't seem to help. I would really apprecaite any advice.

Thanks
    Angie

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    I use the citronella scented anti-mosquito patches. Skeeters is the brand name i think and it is available in Watson's or Mannings.

mary_spc is offline Registered User
    My 1 1/2 yr old woke up one morning with 12 mosquito bites and bad swelling. I guess this was quite sereve case and doctor prescribed a strong cream which cleared up the bites in about a week.

Now, during the day we use Lavender & Citronella essential oil and that seems to work OK. Citronella is very strong, so use 2 drops with 4-5 drops of Lavender.

But in the evenings, we use an electrical mosquito plugs, since we don't want to leave the oil burning unattended while we sleep. It's a japanese brand that's available from supermarket & so far it has been effective.

I don't know which is worse for babies... inhaling essential oil or the chemicals from commercial mosquito-repellent.......

Anyone got any advice?

mary_spc is offline Registered User
    Forgot to mention, I place both of these as close to the window & as far away from the baby as possible......