Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sleeping and Misbehaving

hunykore is offline Guest

Question Sleeping and Misbehaving

Hi,

My partners little boy is playing up with his mum he wont sleep, breaking toys, misbehaving but this is only happening when the little boy is with his mother. when he goes to his dad he is like a totally different boy.

Mother and father ended relationship nearly a year ago and the little boy is 3 this year

Its now putting stress on the father because the mother is saying she cant cope with it all .the father is helping a much as he can but with his job its hard.

Now one thing i noticed is she puts the little boy to bed very early 6 and then he wakes up could this be why he is acting up?

the little boy is at nursery all day and the mother is at home she doesnt work she only has the little boy on a monday wednesday and friday the rest of the time the little boy is with his dad or his grandparents.

The mother has taken the little boy to the doctors about the sleeping they said nothing they could do. little boy is fine when he is with his dad or grandparents.

Not sure if this is enough info but just ask anything and i will let you no maybe this will help me get a answer to this

jayinhongkong is offline Registered User

6 is way too early. She has to tire him out a little...lol. If she's not working, she has no excuse not to tire him out. Take him to the playground and let him run around for a while! I like sticking my students in the corner when they misbehave. Works wonders for me.

rads is offline Banned

Waking up at 6

Jay

My son wakes up at 6-6.30 too( this morning he was up at 5.45)

No matter what time he sleeps usually between 9 & 10 pm

And yes I do take him to the playground & only get him back when he's exhausted....so any suggestins on getting him to wake up later that works will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayinhongkong is offline Registered User

hmmm....try keeping him up even later if you can and after he's home and rested, exhaust him some more...lol

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

Is 6 his normal bed time when he's over at dad's or grandparents ? The change in schedule every alternate day in my opinion is too unsettling for a boy of 3. Try to stick to the same routine that is followed at his dad's place. Children thrive on routine, a little change and everyone is affected !

joannek is offline Registered User

totally agree w/ scr.

also :maybe little boy misses his mother. i think smalll children treat their mothers differently than all the other people, including dad. it also depends what mother does on the days when he's w/ her. do thay spend quality time together? does mother let him sit on her lap & read? play silly games together to make him laugh? maybe join some mother/child playgroup & play together. usually this kind of specific person aimed misbehavior means that there's some anxiety in the relationship. maybe little boy is just trying to get reasurrance that mommy still loves him.