Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Places that have lots of baby shopping

betheresoon is offline Registered User

Places that have lots of baby shopping

My wife and I are heading to HK next week for a house hunting trip, whilst we are there we would like to check out some baby / nursery shops to check prams, cots, well everything you need for a new baby.....

Can anyone recommend specific areas / plaza's?

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Windsor Hse in Causeway Bay
    Ocean Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui. Kowloon
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Apleichau, Horizon Plaza (Bumps to Babes 25525000)
    Prince building, Central
    Grand Century Plaza, Mongkok

meganmom is offline Registered User
    Welcome to HK!
    Lee Gardens II, second floor in Causewaybay has some upscale baby products as well. Can check them out while you go to windsor house, <10 min walk from one to the other.

For Bumps to babes, they also have a shop on Pedder Street in Central if it's more convenient for you (especially if you plan to go to Princes Building in Central), but the Apleichau one is much bigger.

Grand Century Plaza in Mongkok is probably the cheapest but Mongkok is a terrible place to nevigate for a newly arrived expat in my opinion... better save energy for the gazillion other things on hand.

Anyway have fun shopping!

pupino is offline Registered User
    Ocean Terminal is my favorite, it has Toys r Us, Chicco, Mothercare, and lots of children clothing shops, and when u feel tired and hungry, there are Japanese, Korean, Italian restaurants, even Pizza Hut and KFC.

To get there from Central, take the Star Ferry to Tsim Tsa Tsui, walking distance from ferry pier.

Happy Shopping!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    if company is paying for you to relocate, i would suggest bringing this stuff from you home country where it is probably much cheaper...

The pram that i was looking at here in HK was $2888(HKD).... my friend brought me a similar one from canada... $450(HKD)!!!!!!!!!!!!

an exersaucer here is roughly $900-1400... in canada $400.....

what is really cheap here are baby clothes! i LOVE going to the markets and shopping for my son! i can get oodles of stuff REALLY cheaply...

i never understood people spending on fancy named clothing for babies when they literally outgrow stuff in a matter of weeks!

have fun! it's all so exciting shopping for a new baby!

TanyaH is offline Registered User
    Repulse Bay
    I totally agree. Baby stuff cost a FORTUNE over here.

My pram cost 3x as much here as it would have in the UK, and 4x as much as it would have done in the US.

Thank goodness we bought most of our stuff back home and shipped it on the company (if you are british, keep all the recipts and get the VAT back... it adds up fast).

joannek is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    it's true. baby stuff are more expensive cos most of them are imported. except maybe diapers & the japanese sneakers, they're a little bit cheaper here than in canada & UK. but still cheapest in japan.

as for clothings, u can go to stanley market for some baby gap, polo ralph lauren for about 1/2 the price. but u'd have to dig & check the quality.