Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dr. Ghosh at Matilda

hkg08 is offline Registered User

Dr Arabinda Ghosh

My experience is that he doesn't know his profession well and is highly egoistic and commercially oriented. He runs his practice on confusion. I have decided never to go to him again.

hbrand is offline Registered User
    I couldn't disagree more with the last poster. Dr Ghosh never displayed any behaviour that was even close to egotistic in any of my visits and at all times encourages me to have a stress free and calm pregnancy by never letting me sweat the small stuff. He has a wonderful, calm prescence with a great sense of humour. He 100% knows his profession, he is a brilliant sonographer and helped me try all sorts of technques to turn my breech baby, who never turned. He offered to still perform a natural delivery as he is one of the only doctors who will deliver a breech baby naturally, but we chose to have a c-section. I NEVER exerperienced even a skerric of pain from start to finish, was up the next day, walking my dogs back at home with the baby pram day 5. He is brilliant at c-sections and I will definitely go to him for my 2nd.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Dr. Ghosh is my doctor as well. I have not yet delivered with him, but I chose him based on my 3 other girlfriends who had delivered with him - 2 vaginally and 1 c-section. They LOVED him and raved about him and their experience delivering with him.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Also meant to add, I chose Ghosh over Dr. Lucy Lord not because of expertise (both are fantatastic!), but because I needed someone not so rough around the edges....

zyxwv is offline Registered User
    I similarly couldn't disagree more with the post from earlier today. We had our first baby (delivered vaginally) with Dr. Ghosh a few months ago and thought he was fabulous.

This is the first time I have ever heard anything approaching criticism of his knowledge the profession. I would be curious to hear what the basis for that is.

To reiterate some things I have posted before:

I never once felt that he had a preference for delivering via C-section. I had heard that HK doctors generally are very pro C-section and so raised this with him in our very first appointment and that was the first and last time it ever came up.

I am a slightly older mom and we agonized over whether or not to do an amnio. Dr. Ghosh could not have been more supportive and patient with us - we had detailed discussions about the results of the big ultrasound scan (sorry, can't remember what it is called), my and my husbands medical histories etc. We ultimately decided not to do the amnio and he was incredibly supportive. He was always highly professional and and provided thoughtful answers to all of our medical questions.

If what was meant by confusion is that there can be a long wait sometimes, then yes, you do often have a long wait in the waiting room (in my experience, up to 1 hour, usually 30 min). However, the time he took with us at each an every appointment to point out things on the ultrasound and answer all of our questions was worth every minute of the wait.

Assuming we are in HK when we have our next child, we will definitely go back to Dr Ghosh.

yanyan712 is offline Registered User
    I had a Ventouse delivery by Dr. Ghosh this past July. My husband and I are extremely pleased with Dr. Ghosh throughout the pregnancy and labor. He has never once pushed me towards a C-section and has only encouraged me to a normal delivery. The only complaint I can think of is the hour-long wait during each appointment due to overcrowdedness in his clinic.

I have no hesitation to go back to Dr. Ghosh for my subsequent pregnancies!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by hkg08 View Post
    My experience is that he doesn't know his profession well and is highly egoistic and commercially oriented. He runs his practice on confusion. I have decided never to go to him again.
    Clearly this is not a real post. I mean, who decides to make their first post such a scathing attack on someone? Probably just another obstetrician (or one of their lackeys more likely) tired of Ghosh's success in HK. To say that he doesn't know his profession well is nonsense. He worked for many years in Queen Mary before going out on his own.

I've had two babies in HK. The second was with Ghosh and I would recommend him highly. It was a fantastic birth that I will forever be grateful for after a bad experience with my second baby's delivery here in HK.

hobbes is offline Registered User
    I had a very bad experience with Dr Ghosh. I would not recommend him to anyone. The long waits in his office, his nurses who are not as good as others I've seen and the 5 minutes he allots for appointments are not even the main reason. Please PM me if you want details.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast