Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dr. Ghosh at Matilda

jaydenko is offline Registered User

Dr. Ghosh at Matilda

I just found myself pregnant & my friends recommended to consult Dr. Ghosh. Is he good? Heard that he only serves at Matilda Hospital... How much will he charge for vaginal delivery or c-section...?

rani is offline Administrator
    Congratulations Jay!

Have a read through this thread on pregnancy costs.

Pregnancy Costs

I saw Dr Ghosh for the fist trimester. He's an excellent Dr but he made it quite clear that he prefers c-sections. As I wanted to try for a natural delivery I switched Drs.
    Last edited by rani; 08-25-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

jaydenko is offline Registered User
    Rani...
    Thanks for your information...
    With my body health condition, I perfer having C-section...
    But as my insurance doesn't cover maternity...
    Hahahaha.. I think it's better for me to save up some more $$$....

parkviewmom is offline Registered User
    I don't think Dr. Ghosh prefers c-sections - he will however recommend one if you need it. I had my baby 4 months ago and although I have a medical history that normally always leads to c-section, he still tried for a vaginal delivery till the very end. I think he's a fab. doctor. He delivers at Matilda, Canossa and Adventist but prefers Matilda as he and his anaesthesia guy actually live there - so in case of an emergency he will be there immediately.

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by parkviewmom
    I don't think Dr. Ghosh prefers c-sections - he will however recommend one if you need it.
    Glad he's changed. When I had D four years ago, he was quite clear about his pref to c-section. He even asked a couple of moms in my pregnancy group (all first time moms) why they wanted to go through the pain of a natural and tried to convince them to schedule c-sections.
    Last edited by rani; 08-25-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

carmenlotusfeet is offline Registered User

Smile

I saw Dr. Ghosh and I think he is the best in town ! He is extremely experienced and cautious. I heard that he actually prefers natural ways of doing things. I wanted a vaginal delivery and he totally supported me and didn't ask me to have a c-section. I think you are in good hands ! :bighug

turtle is offline Registered User
    Agree, you are in very good hands. I did end up having an emergency c-section, but he allowed me to try a natural delivery over 40 hours first and he in no way tried to encourage me to go down the c-section route during that time or during my pre-natal visits. He is extremely relaxed with you but cautious at the same time and I would not hesitate to recommend him. He convinced me to go to the Matilda as he lives on site, but he will deliver at other hospitals. Like all OB/GYN in Hong Kong, be prepared to have your pre-natal visits delayed/re-scheduled as he is very busy but 110% worth it!

Good luck

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

Gosh camp vs Lord camp :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydenko
    I just found myself pregnant & my friends recommended to consult Dr. Ghosh. Is he good? Heard that he only serves at Matilda Hospital... How much will he charge for vaginal delivery or c-section...?
    I "compared" my experience with some friends of mine who are Dr Ghosh patients and I stick to my choice of Dr Lucy Lord. She also serves in Matilda & Adventis and she's been great to me. As a the "expat-friendly" doctors in HK she is very aware of the patients choices and wishes. I wanted to try the natural way and only have a C-section in case of emergency. I had a long delivery (but painless thanks to her) and a beautiful baby born naturally nearly one year ago.
    We are now trying to have a #2 and I cant imagine to go through that with somebody else than her !!
    :yeah2 :yeah2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast