Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Am I Pregnant??

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    At 6 weeks, I tested at home and it was positive. I went to the hospital and tested negative. I asked them to draw my blood to get 100% answer...and sure enough positive. I believe the only way you can find out (if you dont want to wait) is to get a blood test.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    hkaussie - the temptation to TEST is soooo strong isn't it ;-) Especially if you really want to be pregnant hehehehe. I'm buying way too many kits my husband thinks im addicted to it. I really just want to know and share with the rest of the world ... that's not too much to ask isn't it? But then again, like you said, with motherhood, patience is indeed one of the virtues we need to have.

super is offline Registered User
    I've read too many msg that ppl got their negative tests just because it is too early...As the test result is based on the hormone level and it is different from individual to individual. The best way is to make yourself more calm and more patient. If you test after 2 weeks late, the results would probably more reliable.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    very true! i tested after 10 days (still negative) and my period arrived the following day.

gidget is offline Registered User
    Hi Valerie,

Are you tracking your ovulation, and know for certain what day it happened this cycle, by means of temperatures or ovulation predictor kits etc?

Even people with very regular cycles, sometimes have a cycle where they ovulate later than usual. So many things can cause this, stress off TTCing being one of them!! This in turn causes your period to be late, compared to normal.

It is however very unusual for your luteal phase to change by much. This is the amount of days between your ovulation date and your period. If you know for certain the date you ovulated and you are still 8 {or more by now} days overdue then you have a VERY good chance of pregnant. If not then keep testing every few days or so until you either get that positve result or your period.

Home pregnancy tests are very accurate, and some people can get a positive result before their period is due. As Cara said, this will depend on the level of HCG hormone present.
    If you have a low HCG level you may still be pregnant, but not have it show on a test as yet, as other posters above have atested.

With the blood test, this is actually only testing HCG levels the same as the HPT would, so again, you could get a false negative from them. Many doctors do not declare a pregnacy by blood test until the level is more than 25 or so, in case of chemical pregnancy etc.

gidget is offline Registered User
    Noticed as I posted this that Valerie posted this in May!!!
    Hope that it did turn out to be pregnancy Valerie.
    Last edited by gidget; 11-10-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12