Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I Pregnant??

Valerie3178 is offline Registered User

Am I Pregnant??

I am 8 days late which has never happened in my life. Hubby and I are trying. Took 4 hpt all came up neg. Went to the dr. took another urine test neg as well. He said it could be possible that I just didn't ovulate. I don't see that as a good enough answer. I feel like I am pregnant. Hungry two hours after I eat. More trips to the restroom. Back aches. My breats feel fuller but not so much sore. Heart burn every day. Could the test be wrong? If so when should I try and test again? Dr told me to come back in a week to ten days. Should I demand a blood test? I work in a hospital and come in contact with airborne infectious diseases and the sooner I know I will know how to protect my baby better. Any comments would help. If nothing else give me some piece of mind...Val

parkviewmom is offline Registered User
    hi!
    I can just tell you that when i was pregnant with my baby(now 4 months old), my first two home tests came out negative (i was 10 days late). So i went to shanghai for a holiday. Felt really 'out of it' and tired while there and kept thinking i had gained weight, as my breasts looked bigger. Also couldn't suddenly handle tea, though normally i crave my morning cup. Came back after a week and did a repeat test which came out positive. The doctor later told me,after an ultrasound, that i had tested way too early, hence the negatives.
    Good Luck!

rads is offline Banned

Smile

Hello Val,

U well maybe pregnant..

there was a forum on this a couple of months ago...where it turned out the person in question was pregnant...

just to let you know that with my second pregnancy...my first 2 tests were negative.( one home & one in the hospital)..but I was 100% sure I was pregnant...after 2 weeks of being late I finally had a positive test....

go with ur gut...

all the best

joannek is offline Registered User
    tested way too early, wait another week & test again. meanwhile, since u're trying, i suggest bed rest, no caffeine, no running up & down. treat yourself as if u really are pregnant. maybe the hcg (or whatever they call it, the hormone in your blood) level isn't high enought to be detected by a urine test. in anycase, better be safe than sorry. fuller breast & no tenderness usually suggests pregnancy.

good luck!

carang is offline Registered User
    i tested a when i was a day late... it was positive.. .my son is now almost 15 months old...

it all depends on the hormone levels....i guess mine were off the chart...

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    I'm 100% with Carang: Tests were coming back negative (5 of them) as I started doing some when I was 2 weeks late. It apears that my baby was conceived very far in my cycle (my last period were 1rst of august, baby was conceived 1rst or 2nd of september...) AND my hormones were very low level during all my pregnancy. After 5 negative tests & still no periods (it never happens to me) I finally had a blood test... positive. Next my sweet baby boy will be 1 & I'm so happy !!!
    Valerie3178 Insist on having a blood test!! I hope it's positive for you and if not, I hope you wont wait long.
    Take care,
    Alexandra
    :yeah2 :yeah2

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    I'm on the same boat now!
    We officially started trying last month and am now 5 days late. 2 home tests came back negative. But as i review my periods in the past 12 months, i've never been really late and in fact was so regular (always 29 days). I don't feel the period coming but i don't feel any pregnancy symptoms too. I checked my pregnancy organizer for my first child and turns out I tested positive on the 6th day of being late. So i am praying and crossing my fingers for tomorrow's test.

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    If you can bear to be patient.. wait a few more days or even a week before testing.

I got heaps of negatives before getting a positive. My baby is now 14 months old :-)

It is hard isn't it. Also I didn't really have symptoms, only a small period pain type feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast