Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

reactions to vaccines !!!!!!!

danuta5 is offline Registered User

reactions to vaccines !!!!!!!

hy, i have a boy and i had him a infanrix hexa ( dtp_a, hib,hep.b ,polio)vaccin at 2 months, he had fever 39,5 C rectal , and i don<t want to take him another vaccin ,what it happends if i don>t take him vaccin?????

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    You have to make all the vaccinations before he can enter nursery school in HK.

So, you can wait a while before you give him another vaccination.

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I know it can be traumatic when your child has a reaction to vaccine. However, it would be even more traumatic if they caught the disease that they are being vaccinated against. I don't want to be alarmist but the diseases that children are vaccinated against can be life threatening. A temperature is something but getting a disease like polio would be a whole lot worse. Just my opinion.

Jools

engee is offline Registered User
    my son had the similar problem.he ended up with a terrible fever.but dont worry abt that.there are med to bring down the temp and in sometime he will be fine.
    dont feel so upset,danuta.u need to take all the vaccines.

bette is offline Registered User
    You are not legally obliged to get your child vaccinated in HK and no nursery can force you to do something that is not required under the law.. I know because I have checked with the authorities in HK. I have not vaccinated my children for many reasons - the adverse effect they can have on the immune system, the threat of autism (which is becoming more and more evident) and the fact that most vaccines were developed for adults and not babies. There are things you can do to boost your children's immune system without injecting them with vaccines. You can learn about what the body needs for a strong immune system. You can take the homeopathic route etc etc. So don't be afraid to make whetever choice feels right for you.

jools is offline Registered User
    The connection between MMR and autism has now been dispproved. The original study that made the link was carried out on 12 children (not a scientifically significant number). The original study was also not a clinical study and based many of its findings on a questionnaire to the parents up to 2years after the MMR was administered. No study since has been able to replicate the findings and even one of the doctors involved in the original study has now said that he does not agree with the findings. For a vaccine to be effective against a disease a certain percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated, if this drops below the necessary numbers then the disease risks getting a foot hold. The numbers of measles in the UK has risen since the MMR vaccine scare and this has led to an increase in the complications related to this disease.

Vaccines have a long track record against diseases, personally, I'm not prepared to take the risk that my children might catch these diseases.

Jools

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Bette,
    Whilst you may believe that your child should not be immunised, you have forfeited your responsibility to the children around him/her.
    1. There is no medical evidence that being immunised adversly affects the development of the immune system.
    2. There is NO proven link between the MMR and autism, and there have been several weel respected medical studies which disprove any links.
    3. Whether the original vaccine was developed for adults or babies, do you resaly think the majority of us would vaccinate our children if it wasn;t intended for their age/weight etc?
    The arrogance in your reasoning is astounding - a healthy immune system is a great thing to have but it certainly isn;t going to pretoect your children from chicken pox, smallpox, polio - we live next door to China, wher the incidences of child polio are again on the rise. We are a step away from India and Malaysia where smallpax is making a comeback.
    If your child gets sick, and you could have prevented it through vaccine, how would you feel then?
    It is clear to me that while HK law does not legally require kids to be vaccinated, there's a pretty good reason why the vaccines are (a) provided free of charge to all residents and (b) required by some nursery schools. It's because it's the right thing to do for the community as a whole.

I'm sure people will jump on me for being judgemental, but this thinking infuriates me. It goes against all medical advice and statistical reasoning.

mirkam is offline Registered User
    HappyV and Jools,
    You are so convinced that vaccines are "safe"... what makes you think what the medical system feeds to the public is valid???? I have done extensive research on this topic for several years and I find it pathetic that people like you have so much blind trust and simply write off any opposing information by saying "it has been disproven". Of course the brainwashings of the drug companies (who fund 95% of the worlds medical schools) who are extremely powerful worldwide have publicized that so no one thinks or does any research for themselves.
    Are people so naive to think that the very controversial and very real MMR link with autism is so simple??? "Respected medical studies" are not something I would put all my faith and belief in. Anything that is respected in the medical world would be sponsored by the manufacturers of the vaccines themselves... and you can decide for yourself how accurate that is going to be pubicised!! It most certainly has not been disproven and has definitely had many more studies and mass research done on the matter that keeps it very much in question and still under much scrutiny. Does it have to take one of your own children who have woken up the next morning after receiving the MMR and have regressed developmentally (like not talking anymore or not socially interacting anymore), for you to open up your narrow way of thinking and realize that not every risk, long term or short term, is going to be spelled out for you by your MD or the likes.
    ITS NOT ALL BLACK AND WHITE!!! As a parent we have an obligation to do all we can to ensure the health of our children... whether it be deciding to vaccinate and understanding the risks (and there are many) involved, or deciding against them and knowing the risks involved in that as well. And as for that stupid comment about putting other children at risk if we choose not to vaccinate ours.... why would that be a risk and a concern to you if your children are "protected" from their vaccines. and who told you that polio is back on the rise in china????? when DOCTORS in hk say that it has been erradicated in china for some time!!!!
    Just as a piece of information: the recent outbreak of mumps in the USA effected mostly children who had been vaccinated with the MMR. If hundreds of kids caught a disease that they had been so called "protected" against, then shouldnt we question putting our children at risk with the vaccine if they dont even become immune to what we are vaccinating them for.
    By the way... the arrogance and foolishness in your reasoning is astounding to me as well!! It makes me sad and angry at the same time that people like you have the audacity to feel that way and express it while sounding totally ignorant on the matter. medical advice and statistics are not enough for me or my kids. HERE IS A STATISTIC FOR YOU... the 4th cause of death in the USA is drug related deaths (drug... meaning properly administered by doctors and properly taken by patients not drug abuse) and just so you should know vaccines also come under the drug category.
    Its something to think about......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast