Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

(breast) milk bank

crystal is offline Registered User

I also breast feed my baby, now he is 7 months old.

kellyst is offline Registered User

Babi, keep at it! you're doing such a great job. i didn't nearly pump as many times at the office. your supply will still increase, i think mine jumped up at around 3-4mths and stayed there. keep with the excellent schedule, and don't worry too much, sounds like you're doing it all right already.

joannek is offline Registered User

my lactation consultant taught me to mix the milk up. so the ones that i express at night is very creammy, and the morning ones are watery. so i mix them together & pour them in milk bags. (so i ended buying one biggest avent bottle so that there is enuf room very the milk). or if you have a choice, u give your baby the creamiest at the bedtime feed. what i usually did was i let daddy feed her 3 oz of creamy milk (while i hide outside of the room listening to the monitor for the cue for me to enter the room). then i go in the nurse her. lactation consultant said their sucking from the breast tired them out, give them the hormones they need to induce sleep (i forgot what it's called), and it's a way to let them say good nite to mommy & daddy. it worked wonderfully with my daughter. i think i started this routine since she was 5 mths. but mind you, i always had to hide before she knwos she's getting her milk. if she saw me in the room, she'd push the bottle & cry turning to me.

maybe we should start a new thread on how to nurse & bottle feed your baby....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123