Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help baby thinks I'm her bed!!

donkey is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    If for new born below three months, does it mean that there is no sleep training at all? we have to hold our baby all the time....

Matty is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    No, you can still put routines in place, and repeat things so that they learn that certain habits mean sleep time.
    Bath, sleeping in the same place everytime, being swaddled, music etc.
    This is exactly how bad habits are formed too, dummy, patting, rocking, sleeping in your arms etc.
    But leaving them to cry and cry alone doesn't work in children under 6 mths.

Sage is offline Registered User
    IMHO, I think that babies should be at least three months before they can be 'trained.' Having said that, it's prudent to keep the bad habits such as rocking to sleep and sleeping in your arms, etc. to the minimum.
    I tried following Gina Ford's Contented Baby routine on my baby in the first few months and failed miserably. So, I just stick to the Baby Whisperer's three hourly routine. Then, slowly, as she reached four to five months, it all fell into place by itself. Now at six months, she's following Gina Ford's routine almost to a T!

I believe that the most important thing when trying to train baby/toddler for anything is that we are serious about doing it - whether it's sleeping independently, bedtime, weaning or following a routine. Once we made up our minds that it should be the case, things just fall into place. Somehow, babies can sense if we are vacillating!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top