Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bird's nest

mamaS is offline Registered User

Bird's nest

Hello,

Is it good to take bird's nest if pregnant? is the ready made bottles has the same effect as the cooking one? which brand is good? thanks.

Sumei is offline Registered User
    hi,

the older generation believe bird's nest is good for you esp during pregnancy - great for general well being, relieving fatigue, clear skin etc, I took it through out my pregnancy only because my mother and aunts bought stacks of it for me! The older generation will say of course home made bird's nest is better than the prepack/store bought ones as they add preservatives...also you have no control over the quality of the bird's nest used. Personally, I found it very helpful esp in the last trimester when I was so tired all the time (and could never get a good night's rest), many of my GFs told me my skin looked better during my pregnancy than before but there could be other more scientific explanation for that!! : ) do note that in recent years, I've been told they clean the bird's nest by bleaching it so I'm not too sure the long term effects of this........have a wonderful pregnancy!

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User
    I had tons when i was pregnant. I had both kinds, the ready made and the ones I cooked myself. I guess either is ok depending how much time you have. It was more convenient to have the ready made ones for me.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi Avi and Sumei,

Thanks for your replies. Yes, my older relatives told me to take it. May i please ask which brand is good and where to get it, i'll just buy the ready made ones so it's convenient.