Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Montessori Playgroup - Children's own workshop

adeline is offline Registered User
    Hi Sandy!

I am interested in sending my son to the Montessori classroom in TST. When did you start enrolling for your daughter. My son is now 5 mths.

Does anybody know a good playgroup at TST as I am living in Whampoa? Thks.

Adeline.

Twinsmammie is offline Registered User
    Hi Run4fun

Pls check your inbox. I've sent you a private message.

spsmok is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by adeline
    Hi Sandy!

I am interested in sending my son to the Montessori classroom in TST. When did you start enrolling for your daughter. My son is now 5 mths.

Does anybody know a good playgroup at TST as I am living in Whampoa? Thks.

Adeline.
    Hi Adeline,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been busy last week.

I enrolled my daughter in Best Concept when she turned 2. Best Concept accepts children from 2-6, but there are recently a couple of kids who are just under 2. Since they don't allow parents in the class, I guess they wouldn't accept kids that are too young.

BTW, I also live in Whampoa. Other than the Montessori classroom, my daughter goes to Tutor Time in Kowloon Tong. It's not as close as TST, but I'm happy with Tutor Time's class size, teachers and their bilingual program. That's why I didn't switch to YMCA in TST which I also heard is good, but they only have English playgroup i/o English & Mandarin.

Hope the info is useful.

Sandy

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    Best Concept in KLN Tong accepts child at 1.5 yr old.
    Also, is anyone know whether the SA CATHERINE BOOTH NURSERY SCHOOL is using the Montessori. All the SA Nursery schools say they are using Montessori approach but I am not sure how far they follow the teaching method?

run4fun is offline Registered User
    Please understand that several of the previous messages I post was over a year ago, so some of the information is outdated. COW has some new teachers while some of the teachers I mentioned previously are no longer there. They have brought in an excellent Montessori based program called JELIC. They do offer parent workshops from time to time. And yes, their fees has been raised as well. They do have website now. For more information, please check out their website:

http://www.montessorihouse.com.hk/

run4fun is offline Registered User
    Sorry, this is the website for Children's Own Workshop:
    http://www.cowskidz.com.hk/

Quote Originally Posted by run4fun View Post
    Please understand that several of the previous messages I post was over a year ago, so some of the information is outdated. COW has some new teachers while some of the teachers I mentioned previously are no longer there. They have brought in an excellent Montessori based program called JELIC. They do offer parent workshops from time to time. And yes, their fees has been raised as well. They do have website now. For more information, please check out their website:

http://www.montessorihouse.com.hk/

Linda&Hanley is offline Registered User
    I took my daughter for a trial class in Children's Own Workshop this morning but wasn't in any way impressed, except feeling being overcharged ($300 for an one-hour trial session!!!) Does anyone have experience with other Montessori playschools on HK Island?

Linda

Alamho is offline Registered User
    My 4-year-old tried COW at the beginning of this year and stopped going there after 2 months. Josephine, the boss, is good but not her staff. The concept "Montessori" is just a glimmick. They adopt the material and the general "concept". One can do the same at home. I change my 4+ son to IMS, a truly montessori school with dedicated staff and parents. They now move to South Horizon and offer toddler programme too. My 1+ child will join the programme in September.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast