Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

music and dance

Miguelito is offline Registered User

music and dance

Has anyone tried any of the music and/or dance schools in Hong Kong (or Kowloon)? I read on an earlier post about Jean M. Wong Ballet and Carol Bateman School of Ballet. anyone tried these or heard anything? Also, for music, I was thinking of trying MyMusik Box since I live near Causeway Bay, but it doesn't seem to be very well received by anyone. Just wondering why. A common thing I've read is that a lot of these places offer a "trial class", but this is really just a way for them to sell you and then subsequent classes don't turn out the same.

Any other suggestions besides the ones mentioned would also be greatly appreciated.

chillifontain is offline Banned
    Hi,

I can go onsite and teach piano. Please call 9222-2064 (Angela)

Corina is offline Registered User
    That's not always true. The trial classes I went to are the normal classes. So I did get a good idea of whether it's worth paying for the lessons or not!

[QUOTE=Miguelito]A common thing I've read is that a lot of these places offer a "trial class", but this is really just a way for them to sell you and then subsequent classes don't turn out the same.QUOTE]
    Corina

jlam is offline Registered User
    Hi. I go to London School of Ballet which has the same principle as Carole Batemon School of Dancing it's just that one's in Central and one's in Kowloon. The thing is, it is the longest ballet school in Hong Kong and the principle, Mrs. Campbell has taught most of the famous ballet teachers that are currently working. Teachers there are really encouraging and the perfect evidence would be me because I have been dancing there since I was 3 yrs old and now i'm 16! You just never want to stop going there! :)

alice dancer is offline Registered User
    i,m sorry if i dissillution you jlam ,but precisely because they have all been mentored by j cambell,there are no good ballet teachers in hk ,there are however sever perfectly good rad teachers and quite a number of appalling bosses,so i,m told
    by the way has the non secure ballet barre in the helens may been replaced yet does anyone know,you know the one that could fall at any time ,that,s the british mentality though ,only act when there are casualties!!!!i hear there was a perfectly good russian system here before j cambell arrived

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    I'm with Jlam on this one. Both my daughters have been to Carol Bateman School of Dance and are doing really well with their dancing.

My elder daughter went to many dance school before we found Carol Bateman. Some were ok but none were really good. Her exam results fluctuated and some of the teachers gave her a complex about her weight. One teacher told her she need to lose 50 lbs - she was only 11 years old at the time!

But there was no such pressure at Carol Bateman and the teachers there concentrated on her dancing. She has now just finished the second year of a dance degree at the London Studio Centre (one of the famous dance schools in London) and I know this wouldn't have been possible without the guidance of Joan Campbell and the other teachers at Carol Bateman.

My younger daughter has also performed well in the exams but what she likes best about the dancing school is the many opportunities they have given her to perform. The annual performance, usually held at the City Hall, is really great.

If you have children (yes - boys too) that are interested in dance I'd recommend Carol Bateman and the London School of Dance.
    http://www.carolbatemanschool.com/

SARAH

steamball is offline Registered User
    on my opinion, mymusikbox so so jar,