Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Mother's Day Lucky Draw 2006

Corina is offline Registered User
    Mother's day celebration will start on Saturday - I will be having a wine buffet with my husband and his ex-wife.

On Sunday, if we get lucky and win this lucky draw, my mum will be treated to a Se Express Facial and a Swedish Back Massage, as a thank you for coming over to my home every Sunday and helping out with my twin girls. My husband appreciates it especially, since he gets to stay in bed a bit longer! We will then take my mum and the girls to a tea buffet in the afternoon. I better go and book a table now
    Last edited by Corina; 05-04-2006 at 09:52 AM.
    Corina

usfret is offline Registered User
    I've just become a Mommy and am simply overwhelmed by the all-consumingness of the experience. The actions of my own mother in the years gone by seem so much more meaningful now that I am going through the same thing - the sacrifices, the choices, the joys, the fun...the cycle of life goes on and we are blessed to be a part of it...So for mother's day I want to show my Mom just how much I appreciate her selflessness. She has been an invaluable help and support both during my pregnancy and especially now, looking after baby and me and the rest of the family!! I don't think I can ever thank her enough but I plan to give her a pleasant surprise. First I will make her a nice hot cup of tea in the morning (this will really surprise her) and then cook her favourite meal for lunch. In the afternoon I will send her for some pampering, she has been massaging both baby and me everyday since I returned from hospital, it's time someone pampered her - a body massage would be perfect! And finally, I would like her to enjoy a special night out with my Dad so I am going to ask him to take her out to dinner. This way she will have a well deserved day off that's both special and enjoyable.

As for me, since I will be resuming work soon, what better way to spend mother's day than by gazing into my little ones eyes, holding him close and singing his favourite songs. I know I will miss him terribly, so these moments of togetherness are very precious and I want to make the most of every second. That will be my treat to myself on Mother's Day.

:bighug

bradmom is offline Registered User
    We're gonna have 3 mothers day this year. First one on the coming sunday and we'll have buffet lunch with mother in law. Then next Thursday we gonna take 2 days off and bring my own mother for a short trip to Taiwan, she's been longed for the hot spring resort there. Finally, Sunday, that's MY OWN BIG DAY!! Since my little one is only 20 months, (doesn't know what festive it is??) am going to bought myself a bunch of flowers, let the little hands hold it, then ask him to hand it back to me again...feels like he's sending me flowers...*blush*...Happy mothers day everyone!

firsttimedad is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

Hello,

Every Mother’s Day for the past 8 years, my wife and I greet our two mothers overseas, then off to church to hear mass. I knew her heart breaks each time the priest ask the moms to stand up and blessed them, wishing to be a part of it. She has been longing to be a Mom herself.

This coming Mother’s day, we will be greeting our two moms as usual and go to church. But this time, i'm thanking God for blessing us with a baby in a few months time. YES, my wife is pregnant now and it’s a great celebration for “would be” Mom. Great lunch at SOHO and relaxing afternoon at the pool will make this day truly memorable.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

meganmom is offline Registered User
    My daughter is 10 months now, and yes, I am sure the feeling is quite different for me on mother's day this year. If she behaves, we plan to go to the beach and have a simple picnic... if weather permits!

cristletips is offline Registered User
    This will be my first Mother's Day. My daughter Dulcie just turned 4 months old last week. I still find it hard to believe I'm a mother now! And it sounded so strange to say "my daughter" this evening! That truly made being a mother feel even more real. I never thought I'd love being a mom so much, but it's awesome.

I will be spending Mother's Day with Dulcie and weather permitting, we will watch my friend compete in her horseshow which should be really fun. My boyfriend will be working. He always has to work on weekends and holidays which is a bit of a bummer.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Sara is offline Registered User
    We three are going out for a nice Sunday Brunch. I'm hoping to get a nice gift from my husband, hopefully not a washing machine to replace the one that just went kaput on us... ;)

In the afternoon, my girlfriends and I are hoping to go for a 2-hour private Lingerie party! We are all stay-at-home moms, so this should be fun and exciting.

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    My first mom's day as a mother, we had originally planned a trip with my husband to singapore (just the two of us), not even realizing that it would be our first mother's day with our 7mth old.
    so we changed plans and would be going a few weeks later. we'll do the local routine, lunches and dinner with grandparents and extended family. my aunt already has a 11am (!!) booking for lunch (craziest day of the year at restaurants huh), and if weather permits, will take the baby to her first swimming pool experience. and then we'll be having dinners with hubbie's extended family.
    Happy Mother's Day all!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast