Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Having Twins in Hong Kong

A&A
    A&A is offline Registered User

Having Twins in Hong Kong

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with twins (my first pregnancy).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Dr. who is experienced with delivering twins?

I have read that Queen Mary hospital is a good hospital as well to deliver in. Any other recommendations there?

Thanks!

Corina is offline Registered User
    Hi A&A,

Congrats! I'd recommend Dr Alex Doo, I've been told he's the most experienced at delivering twins.

http://www.thewomensclinic.com.hk/
    Corina

rani is offline Administrator
    Have also heard Dr Ghosh is good with twins.

You can find the Dr's contact #s in our directory.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Teeks is offline Registered User
    Hi A&A - double congratulations on double joys!

Hi Corina too. How are your girls? Saw the pics. of them when I bumped into Gary couple of months ago- sooooooo adorable!:lovedface Hope you are keeping well & the girls too.

A&A, I was very well looked after by Dr. Alexander Doo of Women's Clinic throughout my whole pregnancy (37 and half weeks). He is really good & I highly recommend him. You can get the contacts through the website that Corina's given you.

But he didn't deliver my twins as he works in Matilda Hospital and they don't have the NICU facility there. So he suggested on Queen Mary Hospital. The doctors in QM are very good.

All the best!
    Teeksx
    Last edited by Teeks; 05-15-2006 at 01:15 PM.
    Teeksx

A&A
    A&A is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the great advice. This is a wonderful chat site and I have really been enjoying the honesty and experiences all of you have been sharing.

We are very excited about the twins, though, of course mixed with the expected anxieties. :) It sounds like there is plenty of talent and experience in Hong Kong between these Dr.s.

We aren't moving over to Hong Kong until July so I am trying to get as much settled as I can to avoid too much chaos.

Annie

esquared is offline Registered User

Twins in Queen Mary Hospital

A&A,

Congratulations. My wife delivered twins in Queen Mary hospital last week, so we have first-hand information on the staff and facilities.

Overall, the hospital was acceptable, but there were some parts of our experience that were far below what we would expect from ANY hospital which purports to be a modern facility.

The doctors are fine - they're generally well-trained, and have a good bedside manner. However, all of the nurses we dealt with were impatient, brusque and unhelpful. My wife had a c-section, which went OK - I was allowed in; but 'bonding' with the twins after their delivery was non-existent. My wife was offered a brief peck on the cheek for each twin before they were taken away. She was left in recovery for several hours before I was able to make contact with her again, and I was only allowed a glimpse of the twins through a window (it was outside the strictly-enforced visiting hours). My wife didn't see the twins until seven hours after the delivery, by which time they'd been bottle-fed by a nurse despite our wishes and instructions.What should have been a wonderful experience was severely marred by the attitude of the staff.

Fortunately they all arrived home - surprisingly after two days - and they're all doing fine. I have to add that the post-natal care at the QMH clinics is excellent - we've met some very helpful nursing staff, which makes us wonder why they're not employed on the front line!

I would be happy to add more, or answer a pm, if you want more information.

joannetsao is offline Registered User
    A great support group for mothers of twins & more is HKMOMs. You can check out the website at http://www.moms-hongkong.com/

Also, if you happen to be processing a helper by the name of Gemma, please reconsider. She was my old helper and while a pleasant person, turned out to be a terrible alcoholic. I only write this because I have heard through a friend of hers that she's signed a contract with someone expecting twins (I have 3 year old twins).

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    Oh dear that sounds scary that experience in Queen Mary.

I just found out this week that only Queen Mary has an NICU so if your twins are born 35 weeks or before you have to go there anywhere. I was planning to have my twins at Adventist....