Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Maternity Grants or State Benefits for French Woman

lili8 is offline Guest

Maternity Grants or State Benefits for French Woman

I'm writing on behalf of my wife and see that Insurance can cover check-ups/birth, that's great to know.

But haven't seen anything about claiming weekly state benefits/grants for after baby is born.

I guess it doesn't happen in HK, but since my wife is a French Expat working for a French Company - surely she's entitled to something, otherwise we'll be losing out on quite a bit of money until baby is 16?

Does anyone have any advice on their experiences?

Sylvieng is offline Registered User
    Maybe here isn't the right forum has I'm not sure that there is so many french mums here.

For my part, I only arrive recently and the grant I have (from the CAF) is only because I still have my house/address in France an I'm doing all the procedure as if I am still in France (on extented maternal leave). Mind you, I am only allowed to a small one because my salary was to high when I worked, and only because I have worked more than 2 (not sure how many years in fact) in france...

So living and working outside France, I'm not so sure that you are allowed to anything. I guess that the best would be to ask at the consulat.

lili8 is offline Guest
    Thanks, I think you are right. I think if you are living in HK full time, then your grant will stop.

I also read this:
    Family Allowance. If your family is in France and you work in France, this allowance is paid after the birth of the second child and until the child is 20 years old. Details on family benefits are available in France form your local Caisse des Allocations Familiales.

Link is at : http://www.cleiss.fr/docs/regimes/re...ance/an_3.html