Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any opinions on Dr Doo?

BouBou is offline Registered User

Any opinions on Dr Doo?

Hello!
    I have just fallen pregnant and went to see Dr Doo who came highly recommended by friends. As I am not sure what to think of him I was wondering whether any of you could share their experiences with him with me.
    My opinion? I found him very professional but way too business like. No personal questions asked, no explanation as to what his style of working is, leaving the room after an internal scan without saying good bye. Hello?! Is this him, is this a HK thing, a Chinese thing or is it me?
    I'd love to hear from you whether other doctors are the same or whether there is a rare specimen out there that would perhaps care to ask the name of my other child and how the previous pregnancy went.
    Thank you!

joannek is offline Registered User
    1st, congrats on getting pregnant.:baby2:

i dunno anything about dr doo. but as i've previousely mentioned in other threads, my obgyn is very kind & motherly. so no, it's not a chinese thing nor a hk thing. i think it's just differrent style of practice. and it's not you, i like my docs to be kind & personal. some of my friends like theirs business like, and they hate to get personal. so it's just personla preference. one man's poison is another man's gold.

so do consider switching doc, cos you're gonna be seeing a lot of your obgyn for the next year, and will get very private w/ him/her, too. i think it's crucial for us to like our doc.

maxxed is offline Registered User
    My wife and I are seeing Dr. Doo at the moment. This is our first, and he has been AMAZING. Honestly I have not had an experience with him where he has left the room without saying goodbye, thats for sure!

He is warm, personable, and, above all, extremely knowledgable and reassuring. When my wife first told me we were seeing him (I had no input in this) - I was skeptical, but I am really, REALLY happy we are with him now. I would not see anyone else.

Certainly worth every bit of his already great reputation. I would put him in the top 2-3 doctors in Hong Kong.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi Boubou,

Congrats on your pregnancy!

If you are not comfortable with your doctor, CHANGE. There are a lot of other good doctors around.

My first doc i see at 5 weeks realized that i'm scared of needles when he got my blood, then he said that i should be more scared of childbirth as there's a chance of the mom dying. I was shocked to hear that, i mean, i know that fact, but that's the least i wanna hear on my first visit. I wanted to tell him that he can also die from driving his car.

I didn't go back to him anymore, look for another doc that i'm comfortable, important thing is you like him, explains things well, answers my stupid questions, AND most of all, i can call him if i have concerns, so far, i've called him 4 times, he even returns my call if he's with a patient.

Good luck !!!

butterfly is offline Registered User

bad experienced

I had a bad experienced once with Dr Doo and never see him again.

joannek is offline Registered User
    butterfly, just out of curiosity. what was the "bad experience"?

Mousugumama is offline Registered User
    Congrats on getting pregnant!
    Dr Doo was my doctor when I had my twins and I found him to be very friendly. He actually asked for my girls picture when I went back for my 2wks checkup after the girls were born. When the girls were about 10 month old, we happend to be in the building so we took them to show them to the doctors and Dr Doo was sooo happy (well at least he acted that way) that we came by to say hello and thanks to the doctors.
    I don't know why he acted the way he did toward you, but you should definately go look for a doctor if you are not comfortable with him!! Good luck!

Karishma is offline Registered User
    I saw Dr Milton Leung ( Dr Doo's partner) in both my pregnancies. However whenever he went out of town I saw Dr Doo who in my honest opinion was FABULOUS!! I found him so caring it was unrealistic. He once gv me his mobile number cos I had some complications halfway through my pregnancy and said call me anytime! Which doc does that????? I would stick with him if I were u. I hv recommended friends to the clinic and they are yet thanking me for doing that! Hope this helps.

Best
    Karishma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast