Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

leaking pampers

Speculator is offline Registered User
    I use Huggies Natural Fit and no problems with leakages. Don't think these are on sale in HK yet.

sandylee09 is offline Registered User
    You'll have no ideas how many different brands of dipers we've tried in HK and figured none of them work with my LO. The best one we've found so far is the Winnie the Pooh by Unicharm. It has 2 elastic bands each at the front and back so it really does prevent the leakage from either sides. However, you cannot found it at local supermarkets . I usually have it delivery to my place from
    www.bbboomhk.com or purphased at the store in Fo Tan. The best soultion for us is still having friends to carry boxes of pamper or huggies from Canada!!!

sandy

fennho is offline Registered User
    I read tat u all using Mamy Poko, can I ask where do u all buy Mamy Poko from? I can't find any from park n shop and other supermarkets in HK

busybuzzymum is offline Registered User
    I have a 2 yo son and 8 mo twin daughters. I breastfeed all 3 of them. As with all mums who exclusively breastfeed their babies, nappy leakage is a problem.
    It is the most troublesome during the few months as they poo frequently. But I found all my babies poo much less once they reach 5 months.
    For my son, I used Huggies and simply moved up a size when he started to leak poo or wee. That was enough to stop the poo coming out from top of nappy at the back. But he was very chubby and Huggies were slim fit, so he was on crawler size (medium) when he was 2mo and toddler size (large) when he was 4 mo.
    For my twin daughters, it is not so easy. They are also chubby but moving up a size only stopped poo from leaking but not the wee. I thought it was due to the fitting of the nappies so I tried many different brands of nappies available in Australia but none worked. A few weeks ago, my younger twin daughter showed me how she wees and within a few days, the older one showed me how she wees too when I pondered why their jumpsuits were totally wet from their wee while leaving their nappies off. I was wrong all along to assume pink on girls - They wee like a boy! Huge water fountain! So I tried some boys Huggies on them and it worked. :yeah2 Now my daughters wear boys Huggies or Coles Ultradry nappies in toddler size during the day and Walker size overnight.
    So apparently, there is a real difference between boys and girls nappies, not just color.
    I used Mumy Poko when we travelled to Shanghai as I ran out of Huggies. My son was 5 mo then. It was very good. It is very absorbant and wider in fitting. Unfortunately I could not find them in HK or Australia.
    Good luck everybody. You are doing a great breastfeeding your babies. I think modern day nappies do not cater for breastfed babies' runny poo.

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    my daughter is currently 21 mths.
    We were given pamper to use at the hospital so we brought the same to use at home.
    but we switched to Huggies when she reached "s" since they were gifts from co-workers/friends. We found Huggies thicker and started leaking when she reached "m" but her wasn't BIG enough to move up a size so we started switching again.
    We couldn't be bother with Pampers since there were TOO many styles/ lines. Most importantly EXPENSIVE.
    So we try Nepia (Chinese version from Park'n'shop), it was great.
    But suddenly went out of stock everywhere. I called up Park 'n' Shop was told Nepia (chinese version) is under revamp since Japanese version already "upgrade" a year earlier so it was OUT of stock in HK.
    We heard Japanese nappies were great since many of my colleagues try them during their visits to Japan with their children.
    So I ordered Merries when i ordered Japanese milk power from re-on.com or birth.hk.
    It was EXCELLENT (even thinner/ softer than Nepia).
    Then one time, I was near the re-on so I went in to ask about Japanese nappies and was told Unicharm with Winnie the Pool character is even better.
    As mentioned by Sandy, it has 2 elastic bands each at the front and back so it really does prevent the leakage from either sides. And a piece of blue sheet to absolve the water (just like period pads). BEST PURCHASE EVER.
    BUT even more expensive than Merries (Believe me, no regrets its worth very penny).
    we use to order ours from re-on or birth:
    http://www.re-on.com.hk/cat.php?mc=1...ms_per_page=20
    http://birth.hk/catalog/index.php?cPath=3_13_61

Unfortunately, both sites are chinese but you could call them to place order.

Sandy, my husband now works in China. During my recent visit, I found CHINESE version of Unicharm (made in China).
    It uses Mickey & Minnie character. And it separate Boys from girls. For girls the blue sheet is much longer. And most importantly, almost two-third of HK price. (Large, 44 pieces, RMB78). And its just as good so my husband brings them back nowadays.

shoni is offline Registered User
    [/QUOTE]Sandy, my husband now works in China. During my recent visit, I found CHINESE version of Unicharm (made in China).
    It uses Mickey & Minnie character. And it separate Boys from girls. For girls the blue sheet is much longer. And most importantly, almost two-third of HK price. (Large, 44 pieces, RMB78). And its just as good so my husband brings them back nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Fairygodmother,

Where does your husband buy them? Mine will be in China next week and would love to try as we are having the leaking problem too! Seems pampers have not improved in two years.

Thanks

Shoni

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    shoni,

my husband works Zhongshan City and there is a chain store name that sells baby product both local and imported named mama bao bao.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456