Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

rash after eating beef

joannek is offline Registered User

i mostly give my daughter western spinach. i know what u mean by getting itchy tongue after eating chinese spinach, i feel the same way.

u can either buy the baby spinach salads & steam them. but i buy the waitrose organic frozen spinach. it actually comes in small cubes, so i just steam 1-2 cubes at a time, for 3-5 mins. i buy frozen ones cos i've read many articles about how frozen veggeis actually contain more nutrients than fresh ones. cos once the veg's is harvested, they started losing its nutrients. & u don't know how long those veg have been sitting in the markets. whereas frozen veg producers usually have the freezing plants right at the farms. so the veg are harvested & frozen very soon, hence keeping most of the nutrients. so i give my baby organic frozen peas, corn, spinach & brocolli.

Sumei is offline Registered User

joannek,

couldn't agree more about frozen veggies - alot of nutricianists now agree that frozen is better as they pick the veggies ripe and freeze immediately, hence sealign in the nutrients compared to normal veggies (and fruit) which is harvested unripe and sitting around in markets etc for days/weeks....

mammalicious is offline Registered User

does that go the same for frozen peas, corn and carrots?

joannek is offline Registered User

yes, if the nutritionist & other reports are right, it goes w/ all kinds of frozen fruits & vegs.

well, i guess it has become an era of frozen vegs!!!! unless of course you plant your own....

oh, but there are 2 shops that sell fresh organic vegetables in hk. they pick there veg in the morning & send them to the shops, usually arrive around noon, (for tues, thu, sat at www.simply-organic.com.hk) & 2pm (for green dot dot at www.organicgarden.com.hk)

cristletips is offline Registered User

my baby got a tiny rash on her back yesterday and it went away and now a small one is on her chest.

maybe its the heat afterall. i was wondering if it coincided with her first solids of organic rice...!! hmmm

pannekee is offline Registered User

I've got the same problem too...fed my sweetie fish on Monday and she developed rashes on one side of her face (not immediately but 2 days later). Called my pd and the nurse told me that normally, if it is allergy, they'll develop rash all over the body.

Think it could be heat rash cos it's been so warm these few days....and whenever I bring her out for her daily walks, she perspires !!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12