Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

flight tips and jet lag

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mum of 2
    Has anybody seen the Sit-N-Stroll in HK? Have called Bumps to Babes and they do not stock it....It is worth a phone call. I have been stranded carrying a 6 month old in a car seat plus hand baggage for a 15 minute walk to the luggae carousel. Never again!
    Might want to contact TriplePlay off that website and see who sells them in Asia.
    That scenario you describe is exactly why we bought one. Ideally we will never have to carry the baby; worst case is we carry off the plane and convert once we are inside the terminal. What we really feared was the hours long delays that occur and having to carry the baby/luggage all that time.

rani is offline Administrator
    If anyone is interested there is a 2nd hand SitnStroll for sale on GeoExpat

http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/...ct=8167&cat=10
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Safety recall

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    If anyone is interested there is a 2nd hand SitnStroll for sale on GeoExpat

http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/...ct=8167&cat=10
    Careful with the model number and production date as the US government had a safety recall out on an earlier version.

adeline is offline Registered User
    Hi Joannek ; Mum of 2 ; & all mums!

Thanks for the advice. Will sure check with the airlines regards my son's stroller. Hope we will have a safe journey! I don't like waking up other pax.

Adeline

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Regarding picking strollers up from the gate when you get off, some airports do not have this facility. At London Heathrow you can't pick up the stroller until the baggage claim, because there are no stairs to the gate from where they are stowed in the hold. So on LHR-bound flights you need to beg them to find room for your stroller inside the cabin somewhere (they usually have space but you have to ask for it), unless your baby is light enough to carry to baggage claim. Could be a struggle unless you have another adult to carry the handluggage.

There is not this problem when arriving in HK and I haven't arrived at any other airports where it has been a problem. Has anybody else?

adeline is offline Registered User
    Hello to all mums!

My holiday was really good. My son got to meet the whole family, both in NZ & M'sia. However, we did came across some problems at Auckland Airport. There was no problem pushing our stoller to the gate in HK, but as soon as we arrived in AKL, we can't pick up the stroller until the baggage claim. It was terrible esp. with the hand luggage & my hubby wanted to buy some wines at the DFS. And the queue at the immigration!!!

On the way back, we stopped at KUL. So when we checked in at the AKL airport again, we were told to check-in our stroller & despite several times my hubby told the guy at the check-in counter that other airports allow stroller to push to the gate. After several debate, they finally gave us the airport baby stroller to use. And also remember to request to get back the stroller at the gate for the next destination. We were so angry w/ the ground staff for not handling our luggage properly.

This is my 1st experience. Has anybody got luckier than me?

Adeline.

aprilbaby is offline Registered User
    Hi Claire

I've just returned from a 3 week trip to the UK, my son is also 4 months. Just try and stick to your normal routine. My son slept the whole way was fed on the way up and then a couple of hours before landing. He had some water when we were landing for his ears (which only lasted 5 mins).

For the flight have a small seperate change bag/ wash bag with nappies etc, so you can tuck it under your legs, this means you wont have to keep on getting the bigger bag from the over head locker. If you are flying BA request row 40, the ailse seats, this will mean you and your husband will only need to disturb each other during the flight and not have to jump over another passenger.

with regards to your buggy, you can push it all the way to the gate and they should store it in the plane, in my case they found a cupboard for it.

I also completly over packed, all you will need is a couple of spare baby grows and about 6/7 nappies. How many times do you change bum in middle of night at home?? once maybe??? I took about 15, which was a complete waste. Just bring what you would have in your change bag and times by 3 and maybe some calpol to be on the safe side.

Good luck, its not bad at all, I had the best sleep on both the flights, better then when i travelled without baby.

aprilbaby is offline Registered User
    sorry anoother little bit......he suffered a bit of jeg jag on the first night back, he woke about 100 times!!!But now back into a pattern again. I think babies adjust quite well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12