Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Christian mums - catch up and study

Twinsmammie is offline Registered User
    Hi there

Pls count me in too.... I'm interested in joining your bible study. I have 2 kids under 3yrs. Pls let me know on any updates. Thx

sahdrysdale is offline Registered User
    Its great to see all of you interested in a bible study!. I was thinking there are two options for us:

Option One:
    Option One involves us meeting without our bubs so we can do a more in-depth study. This option would work well for mums with helpers. It seems we are located all over. I thought we could alternate between HK Island and Kowloon. I thought two mums could offer their homes for the study. I would be happy to offer the HK Island home.

Option Two:
    Option two involves us meeting at a child friendly place with our children. I thought instead of an in-depth study we could choose a Christian book on parenting etc. We could read a chapter a week and talk about it when we meet. This way we can still involve Jesus in our discussions but its in a informal way that we can do while looking after our children.

There are probably some other options as well. I am open to ideas. I am also happy to run with both options depending on what suits people.
    Let me know your thoughts

Sarah

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    Hi Sarah

I agree that an in-depth study won't happen with the kids around! While I would love the opportunity to get into some real bible stuff I am hoping to find a home group (when we find a church) and that might cater for that aspect. I think your idea on looking at christian based parenting books is a great idea. It would certainly allow us to meet as mums and talk about the issues that we face as mums. Besides, if there is one thing I know for sure - we are all mums of young kids - try stop us talking about them!

Thanks

Fiona

PS Happy to host for those who are adventerous enough to trek out my way....

hwee cheng is offline Registered User

so glad to see this thread

We have been in HK for a month plus. Staying in Kowloon Tong. We have a twenty monh old gal and no helper. Been attending Kowloon International Bpatist Church. Would love to meet up and fellowship. Can anyone PM me so we can meet up? Thanks!

Matthew_Mom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by hwee cheng
    We have been in HK for a month plus. Staying in Kowloon Tong. We have a twenty monh old gal and no helper. Been attending Kowloon International Bpatist Church. Would love to meet up and fellowship. Can anyone PM me so we can meet up? Thanks!
    Hi Hwee

Great to know that you are also living somewhere in Kowloon Tong. I am living in Parc Oasis, just 10 mins walk from Festival Walk. If you need to know anything about HK or others, you are welcome to give me a call.

Chris

Matthew_Mom is offline Registered User
    Hi all

Appreciated with Sarah's ideas about having 2 options. I would prefer the 2nd one as well because Christian parenting could be an art to learn and put it into practices in our daily lives.

fireblue is offline Registered User
    I'm also interested. I am a working mum and my office is in Hong Kong island. Please let me know when you get something finalized.
    Looking forward to meeting and fellowshipping with you.

claire23 is offline Registered User

hi...

i also want to join and refresh my spiritual side...
    pls let me know about details....

thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast