Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Strollers

Coco is offline Registered User

Strollers

Hi there ! Am planning to purchase a Quinny Zapp cause my carseat fits into it (and the bugaboo is just ridiculously expensive for a push chair !!!!!), was just wondering if any of you mums think its a good buy ? Plus how important it is to have a push chair that reclines since the Quinny Zapp only has one fixed position. Thanks !

Tisha is offline Registered User

I've always loved the design of the Quinny Zapp but unless you only make short trips around, then it is worth getting. It will be uncomfortable for your bub to sleep in it if it doesn't recline depending on the age of your child.

mamamei is offline Registered User

I think the Quinny Buzz reclines as well as being able to accomodate the maxi-cosi car seat. This might be a better option than the Zapp? On the website, there are other two other Quinny models called the 'Speedi' and the 'Freestyle' that also recline but I haven't seen these around HK.

gidget is offline Registered User

I have it on my short list to, but just can't decide!
    All of the Quinny's including the Buzz and Speedi are on display at one of the stores in Ocean terminal if you want to give them a 'test drive'.

I don't have a car, and so will be taking taxis, other wise the Buzz would be my first choice. It is very wide though, so I doubt practical for public transport, hence my interest in the Zapp.

You can't use the Zapp seat until the baby can sit up, so would need to use the maxi cosi up until then to push your bubs aroudn in.

Let me know what you decide on, it's so hard to find one thing that has everything you want isn't it!

joannek is offline Registered User

one more reason why i didn't liek the quinny. cos u can't hang your shopping on the handles, the stroller will tip backwards if your baby is not heavy enough to balance out the weight. so if u will be shopping with her, you need a big basket at the bottom for your bags.

mamamei is offline Registered User

Back to Coco's original question, how important is it that a stroller reclines once the baby is old enough to sit up? I would prefer the Zapp because it is so lightweight and easy to handle but am worried that there may be a few months in between when the baby is too big for the baby-carrier but too young to rest comfortably in an upright position all the time.

Coco is offline Registered User

Finally purchased the Quinny Buzz, its on sale at the Ocean Terminal, $1000 off the original price. All the others are on sale as well - so worth going to have a look if you want to buy a Quinny. I did loads of research and here's what I found:

Buzz: 3 foreward facing positions and 2 positions when the seat is facing you. I thought since we will be using it for when bub is up to 4 years old, although it is slightly more expensive than the others, its worth the $. Also, it has this amazing unfolding system, you only need to tap it and it opens by itself. But it is slightly difficult to close, in that you need a little force. Better than the bugaboo as you can fold with the seat on, I believe for the bugaboo, you need to dismantle the pushchair before collapsing it.

Zapp: downside is that it only has one upright position. But, apparently it is the smallest ever push-chair once folded ! And very light. A couple of mums I asked really likes it.

Speedie: similar to the buzz, but only faces forward, can also recline the seat but using a harness system. Bit more difficult to open than the buzz. but none the less a good choice.