Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drinking Water Treatement System

DTHY is offline Registered User

Question Drinking Water Treatement System

I'm looking into buying a drinking water treatment system. A friend told me that Amway's eSpring is currently on sale. Is anyone using Amway's eSpring system or DIAMOND? Any opinions on these brands? Or is there a even better option?

joannek is offline Registered User

i use reverse osmosis installed in the kitchen. i ordered it from y28.com
    Aparkson Under-sink Reverse Osmosis Water Purification System
    http://www.y28shopping.com/program/t...mno=aps_HY3032

i know somebody who works there, so i got it delivered & installed at a charge. if u want, i can give u the tel no of my friend.

DTHY is offline Registered User

So, can you drink the water out of the tap? How often do you have to change the parts and how much do they cost?

jessieywl is offline Registered User

I just bought a Doulton & British Berkefeld ceremic filter yesterday from Wing On department store. It filters out most bacteria and heavy metals including lead. You can literally just drink water from the tap. It costs HK$900 for the filter. You can wash the filter once a month with the brush they give you and only need to replace the filter once a year. The filter replacement costs HK$350.

http://www.lechainon.net/profile.htm

i got the Single Candle one.

fly
    fly is offline Registered User

I've got something similar to what joannek has, mine from a supplier in Wan Chai. Price was about the same, including delivery and installation. The drinking water comes out of a seperate tap they install onto the side of your regular sink tap. This probably won't work if you're a tenant however, not sure if they've got other options for that case, of it only a countertop model may work in that case.

I looked at but didn't choose the D&B system cos it costs about the same ~$300/yr to change the filters on RO system, and RO is (from my web research, supposed to be) more effective than purely mechanical filtering. Plus I figured I wouldn't really be washing the filter myself once it was installed, haha.

joannek is offline Registered User

DTHY, yes,the one i have works the same way as fly's. the sales person told me the normally need to change filter once every 2 years & it's like $200-300. but it depends on the quality of the water you get in your bldg. if old bldg, may change once a year. but they will call you to remind you to change the filter. so i don't have to worry about forgetting to change it.

they do have a counter top one, but still need to be near a water supply (water faucet, so i chose the sink top).

after much research, i find reverse osmosis to be the best system. cos those that use regular flters don't work as good.

loupou is offline Baby Guru

I sometimes drink the water straight out of the tap.

However, DH is a HK person and insists that we boil it before drinking. So we do, and often run it through one of those "brite" filter-pitchers before we boil it.

We then put some of the boiled water in our hot water machine, and keep the boiled water in jugs (room temperature).

We probably boil our water once a day.

fly
    fly is offline Registered User

I don't want to sound all preachy about it, but after I had a closer examination of the TSD (total dissolved solids or somthing like that) in my home water supply, I stopped drinking out of the tap quickly! I am in a newer building, very close to the top floor, and the water tank, being on the roof, passes through fewer pipes to reach me, and yet my filters still catch quite alot after 6-8 months. When I was living on the bottom floor of an older bldg, my w/r faucet actually stopped working once (no water coming out at all) there was so much crud caught in the tap.

So considering jr would be drinking alot of liquids, it was a no brainer to filter out the nasties if we could do so relatively easily.

BTW, to the original poster: I found the prices on Diamond ads to be quite high - probably to pay for the marketing budget in all the glossy home deco mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast