Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Nov/Dec 06 Mums to meet

SF Gal is offline Registered User
    I counted 6 altogether for lunch next Wednesday. If anyone else can join, that would be great, just let me know so I can add to the reservation. See you guys next week!

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Talking

Lunch was great today. Thanks ladies!

Looks like we're aiming for another lunch in two weeks time:
    Wednesday 23 August @ ZEN, Pacific Place.

Saw my doc this afternoon and he said I should get to 35 or 36 weeks before delivery - that's only 10 or 11 weeks away! YIKES!!! So my due date of Nov 20 is not really correct anymore..... Twin girls whether we're ready or not!!

Yes, the food was good....

Somebodyfamous, what did the dr meant by saying that your delivery is near 35/36 weeks? Is that saying it's good? What criteria did he use to determine the 35/36 week delivery time estimate?

Based on readings from books, I too am preparing a due date of end of October (my 40 week due date is Nov 18) so I was thinking of asking my dr at the next appt if he can give an indication what my delivery due date would be but I dont know what he checks to come up with that due date.

I was a bit confused by him myself - constantly going into shock i am - I did say I wanted to hang on until 38 weeks and he seemed to think I would be too big and too uncomfortable. However I don't care how big or uncomfortable I get, as long as the girls are born without needing Intensive Care... I see him again the day before our next lunch and I'll ask again.

Don't worry yourself about what my doc said - maybe he had a slip of the tongue!

My initial due date was Nov 20 (same as singleton) and my doc said to use that as a guideline but bear in mind twins are usually born earlier...
    Last edited by somebodyfamous; 08-10-2006 at 05:53 PM.

A&A
    A&A is offline Registered User

Smile

Hello ladies,

My Dr. said that if my twins continue as well as they are, I should expect to give birth 37/38 weeks... but to be prepared for earlier (35/36) because they are identical. I would be interested in hearing your Dr.s opinions on fraternal/identical (2 sacs, 1 placenta) due dates... But, I agree, if they are healthy and can hang in there until 38 weeks, it is better for them.

Have either of you been told that you will definitely have a c-section? or are your Dr.s saying that you can wait until it gets closer to the EDD?

Do either of you have Dr. Ferguson? I thought someone in our group did, I just can't remember... pregnancy brain...

Annie

No, Dr Ferguson is not my dr. My dr said natural birth is still an option but that we should know better as we get closer to the due date.

I'm not either, I'm seeing Dr. Stevenson.

He mentioned C-section to me and that looks like the plan - probably because of the complications I had in the first trimester. Natural or C - both make me nervous!

slamdunk is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies!

It is my doctor who is Dr Ferguson

I know all about the pregnancy brain A&A...
    Last edited by slamdunk; 08-17-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast