Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

hello!!!!!!!!!

tan
    tan is offline Registered User

hi

This week had a scan and heartbeat, very exciting. About six and a half weeks from conception. Am more tired than usual in the afternoon and if I have can I have a quick nap. Also have some nausea but its more that my appetite is diminished. Other than that have been feeling normal. xxx Hope you are all well too

AshleeRae is offline Registered User
    Dear Tan, Marie, Mrs. Chan, Sisi, undecided and anyone else:

Maybe in September we can all get together and start our own little pregnant mommies group. What do you ladies think about that? Do you gals belong to other mom's groups as of yet? It would be great to talk about doctor's visits, midwives, body changes, you name it.
    Hope everyone is doing okay! My first appointment is the Friday, very excited! What else happens with your first prenantal visit?
    Talk Soon...Ashlee

marie313 is offline Registered User
    Dear Ashleerae
    I definately want to be in your mummy gang! At the moment my only friends in Hong Kong are ones i met in Lan Kwai Fong or Wan Chai, and now that i cant drink or stay up all night dancing i have kind of lost touch. Also, there is only so much baby talk people can take when they are not actually pregnant themselves.
    It will be great to be able to talk about doctors and scans and baby names etc etc without feeling guilty!

tan
    tan is offline Registered User
    AshleeRae - cool lets get together in September and have a lunch. Am not with any other mothers groups (hmmm are there organizations here?). Mistake in my last post, now 7 weeks on from last period, not from conception had a scan at almost six weeks and nothing – quite amazing difference in a week.

Feel like I have been to the doctor so many times not sure what they would do if it were a first appointment. Definitely a blood test. Possibly urine test, weight measurement.
    I think my book says you might be able expect discussion about what shots you have for immunization. If you don’t remember than they would check your blood test.
    In the blood test, if you are too early for a scan, than they could check you hcg levels. Possibly your iron levels (common in my home country, not sure about HK).
    You could talk about what you want from your doctor, what type of birth process they advocate, where they like to deliver etc. Haven’t done that fully yet, be interested to know if you like your doctor.
    Marie, look forward to making a March group here, we can have a support network - all the people I know too are still having a great time drinking and carousing! much care xxx

elizaveta is offline Registered User

Another '007 for mum's group!

Hello Ladies, congratulations to all. I am also expcting a little "secret agent '007" ;-) in March next year. I would like very much to meet - I am in HK a bit more than 6 months, do not know so many people yet. I am 33, first baby, according to me 6.5 weeks pregnant - waiting impatiently for doctors appointement next week. Not much morning sickness yet, but I guess I will not escape it. Looking forward to meet you soon!

golfer is offline Registered User

Hello all

It is good to meet so many newly pregnant ladies. I'm in my 6th week and waiting for the scan in the next couple of weeks. I was told not to return to my doctor until at least week 8.

I am 37 and this is my first pregnancy so am very excited and nervous. But I would defintiely encourage Undecided to try to have a baby earlier rather than later. It took us 4 months to get pregnant, I will be very disappointed if I miscarry - and the chance apparently is 1 in 4!

undecided is offline Registered User

Hi!

I disappeared for a couple days... but here I am again! (Having a hard time adapting to HK climate and pollution. I've been coughing for over a month now, have a really bad allergy...)

Thanks for the encouragement, golfer! I've been reading this again and again, always best to start earlier rather than later!

As for the group meeting, I think it is a great idea (even though I'm not pregnant yet...), it's always good to be prepared and still need the support! :bighug

Ashlee, how did your first visit go?

esque is offline Registered User

pollution

Quote Originally Posted by undecided
    I disappeared for a couple days... but here I am again! (Having a hard time adapting to HK climate and pollution. I've been coughing for over a month now, have a really bad allergy...)
    I have actually bought one of those pollution masks for cyclists. Did some research on which ones have been found to actually work and bought one off the net from the UK. I look like a complete idiot walking around with it on, but I don't care. The pollution has been so high the last couple of days that I don't want to expose the embryo (or myself!) to it.

Pollution levels: http://www.epd-asg.gov.hk/eindex.php
    Mask I got: http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/cgi-bin/qu...t=MSK205&and=1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Scroll to top