Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

hello!!!!!!!!!

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by esque
    I have actually bought one of those pollution masks for cyclists. Did some research on which ones have been found to actually work and bought one off the net from the UK. I look like a complete idiot walking around with it on, but I don't care. The pollution has been so high the last couple of days that I don't want to expose the embryo (or myself!) to it.

Pollution levels: http://www.epd-asg.gov.hk/eindex.php
    Mask I got: http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/cgi-bin/qu...t=MSK205&and=1

Er, that was me. Was trying to keep my geoexpat and geobaby personas different for a little while but I guess the jig is up!

catlam is offline Registered User
    Hi, everyone! I'm from Hong Kong and am now 15 weeks pregnant. I'm 34 now and this is my first pregnancy. I had a miscarriage end of of last year so I'm very worried about this one. Hope to join you all and share our feelings, worries and happiness.

I don't suffer from any morning sickness, and I am not nauseatic at all. Just my appepitite is not good as before. So far I still haven't gained any weight which sometimes worries me. I'm going to see my doctor again later this week, I'm hoping this U/S can show me whether it's a boy or girl.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone! Two meet-up times have been proposed for next week in the "Early 2007 mums-to-be!" thread.

undecided is offline Registered User
    Hi pinemarten/esque...

thanks for this! I'll look for them here in HK! It looks quite heavy and unconfortable, but I guess this is the only way... Have you seen how polluted it is these days? I'm tired of coughing my lungs out...

I did the test - not pregnant yet - so started taking some serious cortizone-based medication given by my allergist and finally had a full night sleep. I thought about buying an air purifyer, but it seems that it does more harm than good...

I wonder how babies react being born under these conditions... maybe they are less reactive, as this is their first environment... urgh, so frustrating

tan
    tan is offline Registered User
    Hello, back from a trip. My experience of long haul flights in the first trimester was good. Noticed no difference except an incresed need for bathroom trips. Aisle it is then ;)
    Had a week of nausea before I left but since then the usual fatigue but hardly any other bad symptoms. V. interesting, perhaps because it was winter/weather/atmosphere? Good luck to you all, hope to meet up soon. Yep the threat of miscarriage is a scary thing - golfer,catlam - I know what you mean. As you get older the thought of starting again is so daunting.
    Un***cided - I found that I conceived on the 19th day, so keep having fun. And maybe because we were thinking less about conception was much more relaxed.
    Look forward to hearing how your scans go and other tales from the womb xxx

AshleeRae is offline Registered User

Hello! :)

Hello January toMarch Mom's to be.

Wanted to check in and see how your first meeting went. When do you gals plan to meet again? Keep me posted.

Also, I am trying to put together a small group to teach parents infant massage (to earn my certification). I have had one reply on another thread. Not sure if the interest is there or if people where able to locate my thread. Do you know of any new Mom's that might be interested? It's all volunteer for me, so what do the new mom's and babies have to loose. It will be great to teach it to you girls sometime next year!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take care,
    AshleeRae
    Last edited by AshleeRae; 08-14-2006 at 05:39 AM.

cohui is offline Registered User
    Tan, I did short haul travelling almost every week during my first trimester. It was fine but at times could be rather tiring. I remember that I didn't tell my colleagues/boss until it's week 12 so I didn't decline any work travel unless I didn't feel well. I guess we just have to listen to our body and do not push it too far.

I was around 34 when I was first pregnant. It also took me a while to get pregnant - not easy especially when both of us needed to travel a lot for work. Honestly I was rather anxious when I travelled at that time - like protecting the belly when nobody could see my bump! I also didn't bring any heavy luggage on board but checked everything in including my laptop.

Now I have a healthy baby boy. So relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Hi Moms-to-be,

It is my first pregnancy and my baby is due 2nd March 2006. When will you girls meet up again? Please keep me posted.

Anita

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Scroll to top