Head not engaged
- 07-01-2006, 03:44 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2006
My baby's (first child) head was not engaged until I went into labor.
My OB also advised me to have a C-section for exactly the same reason. My doctor actually advised me to have a C-section at week 38.
Having read a lot about HK doctors prefer C-section over vaginal delievery for their own convenience, I become a bit suspicous about my OB's recommendation. I sought opinions from other two doctors, one in private practice and the other at a public hospital (public hospitals in HK have policies against having any C-section without a valid medical reason) and both of them were of the view that I was totally fine for a vaginal delivery and it is not unusal that baby's head is not engaged until mom goes into labor.
I finally decided to go to another OB for a vaginal delivery. I gave birth exactly on my due date without induction or any other interferences and my delivery was quite smooth.
It is a big shame that some doctors in HK place their own interests before the interests of their patients.
- By kellyst in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
- By babyat23 in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2010, 09:56 PM
- By Coco in forum Baby TalkReplies: 12Last Post: 08-11-2008, 12:04 PM
- By snuggles in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
- By dudu in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-07-2006, 02:58 PM