Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Enquiry about Mother's Milk

babi77 is offline Registered User

Enquiry about Mother's Milk

Dear All,

I'm a new member and I live in Macau, just next to HK. I have a nearly 3 month old baby and I'm still breastfeeding him and also work full time. I bought th Mother's milk tea yesterday at Mama care, and I wonder whether the tea bag can be resued to make another cup? It seems to me it is wasteful if the tea bag can just be used once.

Please advice. And any full time working mom can share the tips of how to exclusively breastfeed the baby? I also pump out during work time, usually twice daily but there are occasional times where my baby needs to supplement one time formula in a day. Please share how I can exclusively breast feed him while working.

Thanks.

regards
    babi

Coco is offline Registered User
    I put my tea bag in a thermos flask and fill it up with hot water and just drink it throughout the day and I can get 3/4 cups out of it. Yes, i do reuse the tea-bags and i've been fine and so is baby !

babi77 is offline Registered User
    Coco,

Thanks a lot for your assistance. :bfeeding

Regards
    babi

joannek is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

You're doing a good job where you're trying to exlusively bf your baby & working full time. Well-done, babi!!

I re-use the tea bag until the taste is very light. Usually after 2 very big cups. so if i'm drinking it in place of water, i usually use 3/day.

if it is possible, it will be easier to maintain your supply by bringing baby to you at lunch time.

keep up the good work!

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Usually the amount of the herbs you get from drinking tea is not enough to help increase your supply. (The best way to increase supply is to breastfeed more.)

Dr. Jack Newman has a handout which includes information about useful herbs when breastfeeding, http://breastfeedingonline.com/24.html (Look about half way down under the heading Herbs for increasing milk supply – Fenugreek.)

Fenugreek is most useful in the first few weeks of breastfeeding. If you haven't seen a marked increase in the first three to four days of using it - it isn't going to work for you.

Remember fenugreek has a distinct smell - like maple syrup. If you cannot smell it on your skin, you are not taking enough, even if you are taking three capsules three times a day. Also fenugreek can cause diarrhoea in some mothers.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Does anybody know where to buy the Mother's Milk tea in HK apart from B2B which were out of stock last time I went there?

I don't have much faith in its milk-stimulating properties but like the taste and it helps me stay hydrated! Probably better than drinking other types of tea, or coffee, anyway.

rani is offline Administrator
    Jenny,

Health Gate has it too. Best to call and check if its in stock.

http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hon...-gate/details/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

eva
    eva is offline Registered User
    Actually, almost all chinese cook this fish soup for milk supply and apparantly if everyone sadi so, it should work somehow. I am taking it 2-3 times a week. if you want the recipe I can ask my maid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast