- 06-08-2006, 11:01 PM #1
My 23 months old son seems down/unhappy one in a while.I have noticed it twice now.
Is that normal for kids his age?
Maybe i am being silly or over anxious......i dono,but do toddlers have moodswings?
Thanx for all ur time.
- 06-09-2006, 01:35 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2006
- Sai Kung
Rest a sure, this is very normal. My son just turned 2 and he is moody as ever. Have you checked if he is teething? This could be a cause. As a toddler becomes/wants to be more independent, he may get frustrated when he couldn't do/get something he wants. And my son always wants everything his way and it's always "read one more book", "a little more milk", "drink a little water", "no nappy change", "play here, play there", etc. If he doesn't get his way he'll sometimes throw a tantrum! If things get out of control, I use Time Out.
Well don't worry, this is just a stage they all go through... Just be patient, keep calm, and don't lose your temper. If needed take some Time Out yourself.
- 06-09-2006, 02:13 PM #3
I understand when he wants his way.He screams and yells etc .But i manage to keep cool.I was worried abt his moodiness.But i guess its all a part of growing up then.
Its just that i cudn figure out why he wud be sullen at times.
Thanx again for ur time!
- 06-09-2006, 04:14 PM #4
everyone has good days and bad days... the difference is that your toddler does not have the "knowledge" or the "capability" of telling you why they are "not themselves"...
even my 16 month old has bad days... it's perfectly normal...
have you ever met someone who was ALWAYS happy?
- 06-15-2006, 02:55 PM #5
yeah u r right!!
- By Fazna in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 6Last Post: 12-12-2008, 03:14 PM
- By miaka in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 8Last Post: 04-21-2008, 07:31 PM
- By aldricher in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 09-07-2006, 05:24 PM
- By hunhun in forum Family HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2005, 03:26 PM
- By a mom in forum Family HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 02-26-2005, 12:09 AM