Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Organic fruit & veg

Coco is offline Registered User

Organic fruit & veg

Bubs is approaching six months soon and will be starting solids, was wondering where I can get a selection of organic fruit & veg ? I've heard of a place in CWB, but apparently you don't have a choice, they give you what is in season every month for a fixed payment, not good since we need to have specifics like apples, carrots, pumpkins etc. Park n'shop & Welcome only do organic apples & avocardos but again a very limited selection. Does anybody know of anywhere else ?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

How about Great in Pacific Place; or City Super in Causeway Bay or IFC?

Also Oliver's in Prince's Building, Central.

joannek is offline Registered User

the place in cwb is called simply organic (simplyorganic.com). if u go to the shop, u can buy whatever you like. but where bekyboo44 mention are also very good. especially great in pp.

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi,

my son (1.5 years old) is on a mostly organic diet and I spend alot of time searching out organic food for him. As mentioned,

1. GREAT at Pacific Place : good selection of organic fruit and veggies, also does organic minced beef, organic salmon and organic free range chicken.

2. Olivers at Princes Building : selection of organic fruit and veggies are not as wide as GREAT but they do a good daily selection of organic bananas. Also has a regualr selection of organic beef, chicken and some fish like salmon.

3. Park & Shop and Wellcome : I think the selection varies from individual supermarkets, the P&S at Parkview does a good selction of organic fruit, veggies and chicken.

Most of these supermarkets also carry a selection of frozen organic veggies (and sometimes fruit and meat) eg. Waitrose does organic frozen peas/brocolli/spinach/broad beans/mixee veggies etc that comes in small portions ideal for the little ones!

Have fun!

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi,

forgot to mention, Olivers does a good range of organic pastas/couscous/different types of rice for when bubs gets a bit older, the bakery at GREAT also has a reliable daily supply of organic breads!

joshyau is offline Registered User

Organic Fresh Vegs & Fruits

1. I know there are one shop located Tai Wai KCR station which they are delivery directly from the Organic Farm in HK

2. you can also get organic vegs&fruits in Tai Po Government Fresh Market (close to Tai Po KCR station), they grow by themself

however I am wondering why Mommies just go directly to the organic farm which located in Sai Kung, Tai Po or Yuen Long ??

crj
    crj is offline Registered User
    http://www.organichk.com/

You can right click on the page to translate it into English, their order form is in English and Chinese.

There is also:
    http://www.aussieorganics.com/
    crj