Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How to Conceive A Boy!!

Sleuth is offline Registered User

The best way to have a boy is to really try for a girl. There is a certain sense of humor to all of this.
    We did hear that older couples tend to have boys as do those using fertility meds. No idea if it is true.

loraine is offline Registered User

I know we're free to talk about what ever we want in these forums. But the preconceptioin forum is filled with ladies' upsetting stories concerning difficulties in getting pregnant. Hence I find it a little sad that others are posting questions on how to conceive a boy. Thank god that you are fortunate enough to conceive! Many women are experiencing tears and depression and grief over this issue, what must they think of you lot deliberating over how to conceive a baby boy and not another girl. What a shame to be preganat but with a girl - is that the message we are sending? Many women would give they're right arm to be pregant - boy or girl.

nursie is offline Registered User

Completely agree with you, Loraine.

I understand that most parents like to have a child of each gender. I'm no different from that. However let's bear in mind how extremely blessed we already are to be able to conceive at all.

tutor1 is offline Registered User

woojoemau - how far along r u to find out the sex?

Hi Woojoemau

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I just wondered how far along are you that you were able to find out the sex of your baby?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by woojoemau
    hi all.. there are many saying.. one of my friend told me that this is a family past down secret to have a BOY.. she said after your period clear, you have sex on the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th.... etc. i dunno how reliable is that but her brother did have a son on the first go.

the more scientific way is that the Y sperm swim faster but they won't survive as long as the X sperm. On the other hand the X sperm swim much slower but they can survive much longer in your uterus, up to 4 days. So the way to go is to have sex on your ovulation day, and not to have sex a few days before you ovulates. There are ovulation kits to check when is your ovulation day or you can simply check your body temperature, the day you ovulation, if i remember correctly, your temperature is slighty higher.

there are actually scientific prove that suggest sperm prefer an alkaline environment, so eating alkaline food could help.

i did my research on it when i was trying to get pregnant, but i found out I AM ALREADY pregnant before i could actually test it out. And i just found out last week that I AM going to have a BOY. but i would be as happy if it was a girl.. cos i want my next one to be a girl.

good luck

carang is offline Registered User

usually around 15 weeks or so...

tutor1 is offline Registered User

If members are simply requesting /sharing information on conceiving a particular gender, let them be. If there is no scientific proof that the methods work and they are harmful to no-one, what does it matter? Everyone's struggles/problems are relative to THEIR circumstances. While it is appreciated that there are threads on the site dealing with infertility, and one can empathise with the struggles faced, this thread clearly was not.

If anyone was to find the discussion offensive, perhaps it is best not to click on the thread - clearly titled - and read the 18 or so previous entries.

Let's assume that it is everyone priority to have a healthy child - I certainly did.

Health and happiness!:bighug

loraine is offline Registered User

Sorry I didn't mean to be contentious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123