Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to Conceive A Boy!!

parisienmom is offline Registered User

Red face How to Conceive A Boy!!

Hi, My husband and I have a one month baby and 21 mos. toddler and would like to have more children. However, my husband would like to have a boy and I am so scared that we will have to try three or four times before conceiving a boy. His mom had five girls before conceiving a boy!! Everyone is telling me that it runs in the family! I've done some reading that there are several things you can do, but nothing really definite or precise. Any help?:bighug

gigi is offline Registered User

I've also been looking for methods for conceiving a boy. I bought a "boy book" over the internet, giving you the instructions to conceive a boy. However, it's not that easy to follow because you have to put together a chart by taking waking temperature, checking cervical fluid patterns and cervical position everyday. I think you've probably read more or less the same thing from other sources. If you want a copy, I can email you. It's in pdf format.

Given that the “boy book” instruction is a bit tricky, I finally bought a 12-mth conception calendar from www.babychoice.com. According to its theory, the mother’s ovum membrane's receptors have an alternating polarity (energy) which accepts or rejects the "x" or "y" chromosome sperm according to her energy cycle. Its method will identify the days during which the ovum membrane receptors of the mother attract the sperm with the y(boy) or x(girl) chromosome, rejecting the other. The success rate is around 98%. I’m going to start my 1st attempt in July. I don’t know if this method works or not, but as long as the baby is healthy, I would be very pleased. If I could have a boy, it is a bonus!!

sugarcane is offline Registered User

Good luck to you all.I've heard of baby choice also. Do you mind telling me how much you had to pay for the calendar. If the price was reasonable then I might also consider getting a calendar.

gigi is offline Registered User

It costs US$395 for a 12-mth conception calendar.

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User

So how is the sex of the baby decided?

An egg has 22 chromosomes and 1 sex chromosome known as the X chromosome. A sperm also has 22 chromosomes and 1 sex chromosome which can either be an X or a Y chromosome. It is the sperm’s chromosome that determines the sex of the baby.

A simple way to look at it is like this:

If the egg is fertilised by a sperm containing an X chromosome the baby will be female. Mother X + Father X = XX = Female
    If the sperm contains a Y chromosome the baby will be male. Mother X + Father Y = XY = Male.
    To date, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support claims made for choosing the sex of the baby, such as when you have sex, sexual positions or diet.

woojoemau is offline Registered User

Smile dunno if it's true

hi all.. there are many saying.. one of my friend told me that this is a family past down secret to have a BOY.. she said after your period clear, you have sex on the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th.... etc. i dunno how reliable is that but her brother did have a son on the first go.

the more scientific way is that the Y sperm swim faster but they won't survive as long as the X sperm. On the other hand the X sperm swim much slower but they can survive much longer in your uterus, up to 4 days. So the way to go is to have sex on your ovulation day, and not to have sex a few days before you ovulates. There are ovulation kits to check when is your ovulation day or you can simply check your body temperature, the day you ovulation, if i remember correctly, your temperature is slighty higher.

there are actually scientific prove that suggest sperm prefer an alkaline environment, so eating alkaline food could help.

i did my research on it when i was trying to get pregnant, but i found out I AM ALREADY pregnant before i could actually test it out. And i just found out last week that I AM going to have a BOY. but i would be as happy if it was a girl.. cos i want my next one to be a girl.

good luck

Last edited by woojoemau; 06-13-2006 at 02:59 AM.

hkgirl is offline Registered User

There is no scientific evidence proving a way to help conceive a boy, but whoever invented that baby choice calendar is smart because they are making a lot of money!

I think that whatever God chooses to give you is what you are supposed to have. If you do have a girl, make sure she doesn't ever feel that she was unwanted or that you wanted a boy as that can do permanent psychological and emotional damage.

sugarcane is offline Registered User

Hi gigi,

$395 is a good price. I remember that i had asked in hong kong. theya place called choix and they cost over $20k hkd. Thoought it was too expensive so i never got it. I was just wondering at your babycoice. com. do you just order it online. do they need blood sample?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast