Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

taxi rides

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Those countries where they do have car seats for taxis, I would imagine that not ALL taxis have them all the time. You would have to pre-order a car with a car seat. Anyone know if that is right?

I know I have had to request one when being picked up from the airport by taxi in the UK.

If that's the case, the car seats won't be taking up the luggage space of other travellers.

Tong.kate is offline Registered User

seat belt for baby/toddelrs

Dear All,

I would like to share with you that my grand parent took my baby to home by taxi yesterday. The Taxi has some mis-understanding and took over the private car in his front. Then Car accident happended and crashed to the wall (great to hit the wall, or else, the taxi would down the road, as the road is downhill). It was horrible. My baby did not really hurt, mainly
    1) my helper cuddle him with a baby clothe (Indonesia style) tie them tightly and she held my baby's head
    2) the car is not in high speed
    This is horrible, in fact, if the taxi was in a more higher speed, my baby will be crushed by both the forces from crushing, but also the weight of my helper, as she is holding my baby (hug) with a clother to tie them together.

So, I immediately looking for a good travel harness for travel taxi. In fact, hold baby tight is not really safe.

mum of 2 is offline Registered User
    Tong.kate,

Thank God your baby is safe! How old id your child? The Joeysafe/Tote n Go options are not suitable for very young children, but I guess they have the capsule option.

JennyB,

Can only speak for Australia. Know that there you have have to order a taxi with a child seat. In our experience, that only involved an extra few minutes' wait. The law there though only applied to children under 1, and most taxis only carried one child seat, so we carried the extra restraint with us.

Tong.kate is offline Registered User

Taxi Ride

Mum of 2,

Thanks. My boy is 15 months with 10kg. So Joeysafe should be fit, according to their written introduction.
    Not sure where to order and any other good suggestion?

Tong.kate

I got mine from the US, it arrived within 3 days of ordering it (http://www.joeysafe.com/), but I have read of a supplier in Asia - I think they are located in Taiwan? Almost certain that I learned about that one on this forum, so might be worth a search. Not sure why Bumps to Babes or Mothercare don't stock them here, they'd clean up! Good luck!

Tong.kate, just found the thread:
    FreedomRide
    The email address on it is: [email protected]. You might be able to get one more quickly from them, if they still stock them.

rani is offline Administrator
    I don't think Tisha stocks them anymore.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

gidget is offline Registered User
    Thought this might be food for thought for those looking for a car seat once their children grow out of the capsules.

http://www.skjp.com/products/skjp_radian_65.php

This is a foldable car seat on the US market. I'd be interested if anyone from there has seen them in use, to comment on how viable they would be to strap in, in a hurry, in a taxi here.
    They are not designed with that sort of use in mind, so may be very fiddly to fit.

I am considering getting one for when we travel, so there is no need to book a taxi with seat at airports etc.
    Does look a bit cumbersome for day to day though, doesn't it?
    It comes with a carry bag, but sounds quite heavy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast