Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

taxi rides

mum of 2 is offline Registered User
    I bought one of those in Singapore, becauseof its narrow base (trying to fit 3 seats across the back of my car). You might be able to manage to carry one of them around with you, but to be honest, it's extremely heavy (seems to be a fair amount of metal in the frame). I couldn't carry more than one, and even that is a stretch.

gidget is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your feedback Mum of 2.
    How easy do you think it would be for strapping in and out of cabs / cars?

I'm thinking more for longer trips when traveling, rather than a quick trip down the shops.
    For example we went to Thailand recently and took a car between Bangkok and Hau Hin, that sort of thing.

mum of 2 is offline Registered User
    Sorry Gidget, thought I had replied to this. It is the worst car seat I've ever bought for travel. It weighs a tonne and sould be fixed to anchor points in the car for safety. In my experience, you're lucky to get decent seatbelts in the back of cars in Thailand (last time we waited an hour at Bangkok until they finally brought a car with appropriate belts), so expecting anchor points is a long shot. I find the plastic Britax models much lighter and better for taking on planes and in and out of cars.

llafolie is offline Registered User

Joey safe seat belt

Hi
    lots of people advised me to buy this jey safe seat belt by web, unfortunatly i cannot find the website even any link to this joey safe, please if anybody can help by sending me teh adress that would be very very helpful
    Thanks
    Lucie

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Yeah I am looking for one too- anyone know where can but joey safe online that will ship to HK, or if not UK- can then get a relative to send it out to me.

rani is offline Administrator
    Joey Safe changed its name to Freedom Ride i think. Just searched online and the company is no longer in biz.

http://www.seatcheck.org/pdf/seat_recall_list.pdf

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani- anyone have an alternative?

niahbear is offline Registered User
    In regards to the maxi-cosi car seat, I use mine just fine. It is the cabrio and quickly snaps onto my quinny stroller so it takes about a minute from curb to taxi. I use the middle seat in the taxi and quickly secure the seat belt up and over the car seat. It is designed to do this and so far the car seat has fit in every taxi. As far as the excuse that the taxi drivers won't wait...tell them too, who exactly is paying the fare anyway! And I have yet to encounter a taxi driver who won't wait for you, most are parents themselves. My maxi-cosi even fits in the minibuses too!

I'm Canadian and it drives me crazy how many parents do not restrain their children safely in vehicles here. THE LAWS OF PHYSICS ARE UNIVERSAL!!!! If you don't put your child in a car seat in a moving vehicle and that moving vehicle is in an accident, your child will get hurt! If giving yourself piece of mind means that you have to take the time to put them in a car seat, why wouldn't you? Your child is worth the added fuss don't you think?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast