Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advice Needed: Night Waking

JennyB is offline Registered User

Regarding the walking, my daughter was the same. She hated being on her tummy and never crawled. She was walking at 10 months. But I can see why crawling first is better, because it took a long time for her to get steady on her feet. Babies who are proficient at crawling before walking develop better balance first. My daughter when learning to walk also used to break her falls with her head because she was not used to dropping to her hands and knees like a baby who had crawled might! So her forehead was forever covered with bruises.
    With my next baby I will try to give her "tummy time" from an earlier age. Apparently it is a common problem nowadays because it is recommended for babies not to sleep on their tummies due to SIDS risk.

mammalicious is offline Registered User

my 10.5mnth old used to go to sleep fine after her last milk feed and sleep thru the night since 2.5 months until her recent illness. she was hospitalised for wheezing and baby bronchialitis. the last night in the hospital she slept thru, but not when she got home. also she used to be put into her cot and she'd turn over, suck her thumb and fall asleep with little fuss, even during her hospital stay. now however, a week after, she refuses to have me leave the side of the cot. i can't even walk to the other end of the room and sit down in the armchair. even after she turns around and sucks her thumb, as soon as i sneak out, she screams like she's never screamed before. in the middle of the night she wakes up and plays, refusing again to go back to sleep for over an hour.

i'v been told by one friend to be strict and she'll fall back into the routine 3- 4 days later, and someone else said it's too early after the illness to try controlled crying.

i don't want to seem unfeeling, but i'm quite anxious to get her into the old routine. any thoughts?

mammalicious is offline Registered User

as for tummy sleeping, i used to be quite concerned abt that so baby was always on her back, but since she was about 8 months old, she seems to prefer sleeping on her tummy. so even if i turn her over on her back, after we have gone to bed, we can find her on her tummy the next morning anyways.
    i'm guessing she's strong enough now to push up so we havn't changed anything, not that i think we could.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12