Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Starters is closing Tai Hang Campus!

run4fun is offline Registered User

Unhappy Starters is closing Tai Hang Campus!

I am so sad that Starters is closing off its Tai Hang Campus. My son is at Hilltots now and I did thought about just shifting him next door to Starters when he is ready to move on.

Now I have one less choice in Causeway Bay area.

singapore-mom is offline Registered User
    Haven't heard the news yet and am absolutely shocked... Starters have a steady stream of students...

Does anyone know about the reason why... I will call them tomorrow.

run4fun is offline Registered User

A mom in our playgroup who had already paid the first month of deposit at Starters called me up and told me that she had been officially informed by Starters. She was given the option of sending her son to Wanchai Campus. Since she doesn't really like that campus, She was looking up other kindies.

Speculations out there says it is because of rent issues, and they are not renewing. I am still very shocked and puzzled by this new.

Anyone knows the truth?

jmonkeypuppy is offline Registered User

Urgent!!!!

I was shocked to hear that news as well when I called the secretary yesterday.

I decided to let my kid join the K1 class at the Tai Hang Starters from the coming Sept. But now I was asked to swifted to the Wan Chai Starters.

I visited the Wanchai centre before -- I don't really like the environment though people say the teachers there are good and the kids there are happy as well. Any one can give me some comments whether to go with that Wan Chai Starters? or swifted to some other kinders nearby (like KCIS, Bambino, Victoria........)

As my kid will also join the K1 Chinese class in KCS in the afternoon class, does any one have the information for the school bus services running from Wan Chai Starters to KCS in the afternoon? Or, is there any one who gets the similar situation as mine and will be interested to group together to travel/find the relevant bus service to KCS in the afternoon? ]

kindy5 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down

Personally I am not at all surprised by the closure of Starters Tai Hang. Actually I am more surprised by all the positive comments about this school! I am not saying it is a bad school, it is just not as great as all of you imagined. I am friends with the some of the teachers and the feedback I got from them is really not good.

jmonkeypuppy is offline Registered User

Kindy5,

So what comments you hear about Starters then? I'm considering whether to send my kid there. I'm considering KCIS and Starters. What is one is better? What is your advice? Much appreciated!!

kindy5 is offline Registered User

Jmonkeypuppy,

If you compare KCIS and Starters, I would think KCIS is better. DO you know that Starters do not have a curriculum? And since they change the teachers so frequently, the new ones have no idea what the old ones have taught. And one thing I don't like is that they don't allow parents to sit in to observe the class, or ask for parent volunteers for field trips. The only visit you get is when you want to enrol your child. As a parent, of course you would want to know what your child is doing in class. There are a couple of good teachers there but I think recently some have also left. When you call, you might want to ask about the curriculum and the teachers. Bet they would tell you it is UK curriculum but no details.

jayinhongkong is offline Registered User

I went to Starters about 22 years ago and I'm sad to hear the news too! I used to live right on Tai Hang Road when I went there. Interesting to hear that they don't have a curriculum...especially since I'm now an English teacher. I still have memories of Starters from when I went there!