Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Which hospital to deliver: Mathilda or Adventist

vanessashekou is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Which hospital to deliver: Mathilda or Adventist

Hi,

I live in Shekou-Shenzhen. My due trem is beginning of november. Because I live in Shekou and need to take the ferry to join HK, my doctor (Miss Sally Fergusson) ask me to come 2 weeks before the due term.
    That means i need to find a service apartment for me and my first son. Mathilda has one but Adventist no.
    I would prefer to deliver in Adventis because it is not so far away from downtown than Mathilda.

So my question is that anyone knows service apartment close to Adventist Hospital and if you have any experience to share about your delivery in Adventist, do not hesitate.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Cheers
    Vanessa - a french lady

hermoine is offline Registered User
    Venessa,
    I think this is the closest one to Adventist Hospital.
    http://www.greateagle.com.hk/english...onhouse_bp.htm
    There are a few other service apartments dotted around the Happy Valley area which is very close to Adventist. Sorry but I can't remember the names of the other ones. Perhaps other moms can help...
    Last edited by hermoine; 06-23-2006 at 08:06 AM.

turtle is offline Registered User
    Hi

There are plenty of serviced apartments in Happy Valley, which is just below Stubbs Road where the Adventist is. It would take you less than 5 minutes in a taxi to get to the hospital from any of them. Try looking at http://www1.gohome.com.hk/service_ap...t.php?lang=eng, otherwise just google 'serviced apartments happy valley'. There are heaps, the closest one to the Adventist is Eaton House in Blue Pool Road, but the others are also very very close by.

Good luck xxx

BLC
    BLC is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

As a first time mum, I was a little concerned where to give birth. I didin't want the Matlida as it was so much further away. I decided on the Adventist after looking around. My experience with the Adventist was brilliant. Not having given birth anywhere else I have nothing to compare it with, but if I were to have any more children I would definately go back there. The staff were really nice and helpful from showing me how to breast feed to even showing me how to bathe my baby. To get some sleep my baby slept in the nursery but they brought her to me when she needed feeding during the night. They didn't mind that my husband was there, and wanting to do so much with for the baby. I only have high praise for the hospital and staff.

turtle is offline Registered User
    I had exactly the same experience as BLC but at the Matilda, I think it is all much of a muchness by the sounds of things, but the Matilda charges more and there are less serviced apartments around.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    I was in the same situation as you are....I live in Dongguan and decided to have my daughter in Matilda. I had an elective csection scheduled 2 weeks before my due date. The doctor told me to go in one week before the surgery just in case any accidents occur. I have to be honest, I didn't even take a look at Adventist after seeing Matilda. It really is a beautiful hospital...yet expensive. The doctor said I could stay anywhere in HK as it would still be close enough in case I did go into labor. I decided to stay at YMCA in Tsim Sha Tsui. They have weekly rates, very close to the MTR and just about everything else.